paypal sided with the scammer!

TA2MIMI
New Community Member

I made a purchase on Facebook Market Place on Monday. Have screenshots of entire conversation with person who sold me a "like new" galaxy watch upon receiving it yesterday it has a broken screen and not at all what was pictured in the add. At no time did she tell me it wouldn't come with what was In picture. Even said it had screen protector on it (it did not) when I texted her and told her that it was not as described and actually missing part of one of the bands and the other band was BROKEN the other never even put in the package to be shipped... she only responded after I told her I would file a claim with PayPal. Then it was to tell me I'd **bleep** up and that I was a punk **bleep** little girl... I'm 42 🤦‍♀️... Upon receiving that I went ahead and filed a claim... She then proceeded to text me again and blatantly said paypal would side with her (they did) and I was again **bleep**... then blocked me! I have made about 2hrs of my morning a nightmare trying to get in touch with someone or at least find an email address to send these screenshots to as well as the pictures I took of what I received compared to what was posted. Any help is appreciated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

I thought FB Marketplace was like Craigslist where you meet up with the seller and then pay them. The only advantage is that there is access to the seller's profile on facebook so it's a little safer than Craigslist.

Just open up another dispute and see if it works. There are a lot of people on this forum like me who got scammed online. Most of the claims are being denied and people are tending to get a refund on the second try. I'm not sure if that will work for you but it can't hurt to try.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.