paypal says seller provided proof of delivery ... closed case without showing delivery document

hudrodguy
Contributor
Contributor

hello there,

first time i have ever had an issue like this ...

ordered and paid for an item through paypal ... waited for over 2 weeks past estimated delivery ... tried many times to contact seller with no response ... tracking number provided at purchase time was not working ... brought to resolution center for assistance before date listed ... seller responded to paypal 5 days later ... paypal states seller provided delivery confirmation (?) ...

paypal closed the case without providing me with confirmation/tracking number ...

why can't i get a copy of confirmation/delivery/tracking numbers ? ... this seems very unreasonable and slightly suspicious

how should i proceed ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mel_Hennessy
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me as well.  Although tracking number that the seller provided to PayPal was not the same tracking number the seller provided me in the shipping details.  That shipping information is still showing in transit.  It was a purchase I thought was in the US, but turns out it was coming from China.  UGH!  On top of that I can no longer reach the seller.  The website has been taken down and emails are being returned undeliverable.  I filed a claim for items not received.  BUT I did receive something from China (not at all what I ordered) and there were 2 different labels on the package.  One from China that was covered by another label from here in the states.  I had neither of those tracking numbers for any purchases I made.  I was completely scammed in my purchase.  I purchased 3 large singing/talking/animated "jabbering jack o'lanterns" and got 3 very tiny plastic dollar store pumpkins.  I paid 98.00 for 3.00 worth of plastic pumpkins.  PayPal closed my case because they seller provided shipping confirmation.  I've been trying to escalate the dispute but can't because they closed my case.  I've been going in circles on their website to figure out how I'm supposed to "escalate" a closed case.  Apparently you have 20 days from the date you file a claim to further escalate the problem.  There's no option that I can find where I can even start a new dispute for "purchased items significantly not as described" since that purchase is showing in my resolution center as a closed case.  

Login to Me Too

Wt-Iswrong
New Community Member
I have had the same problem with at least two items from China. Gave some slack because of the pandemic at first but yesterday I received some cheap gadget I didn’t order and I bet one of these vendors will use this as proof that I “received” my order. Now I have to track where it came from but these businesses often change names and locations. No more ordering from China for me. PayPal is not doing their best to listen to both sides. I also resent having it look like I am trying to scam the system by requesting refunds for items I have supposedly received. Another problem is if you have to return something TO China for a refund it can cost an arm and a leg. It is all bad business.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210321
New Community Member
I ordered a ligit Kitchenaid Mixer on Jan 3. I never got it and can’t contact the seller because everything in their name is Chinese. Paula said my item was reliever and it was NOT. I want to see tracking info because mine says in transit. This is not fair!! Why is Layla protecting China and not it’s American customers. Venmo seems like a much better option at this point. I think if this is how PayPal treats it’s buyers then it’s time we all left and went to other online options!!! Let’s see how they like that!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.