paypal resolution decision

Ayaan123
New Community Member
Hi, i bought an item of ebay and it was faulty. I sent the item back to the seller. I made a claim under PayPal for item not as described. PayPal refused my claim because the seller sent the item to me. How does that work? Where is my buyer protection?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Ayaan123 

I hope all is well.

I am glad to know that you chose the correct reason code of your Dispute - "Significantly Not As Describe" and I’m sorry to learn about that your case was denied because the seller sent you the item. However, with that being said, I have to assume that your case was potentially switched to a different reason - "Item Not Received."

Please check the reason of your case to ensure that it is still under "Significantly Not As Described. To do that, click How do I check the status of my dispute or claim? 

I am writing this message to you because I can sense a possibility that you will still be able to appeal the decision of your case. To get there, kindly contact Customer Service by clicking "Help & Contact" near bottom of the PayPal pages and see some options available for you to get ahold of a representative.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.