paypal only helps the supplier

aa729202
Contributor
Contributor

ok so i ordered items from a supplier from china a few months ago, i paid the order and then the supplier send me another invoice for shipping for my order that i also paid, i received my order with items short, i asked the supplier for the items he said they forgot the one box in the warehouse but will send it but i need to pay shipping again for that box, not acceptable for me as i paid shipping for the whole order so i want the box the shipper "forgot" as i paid for the shipping for that also i am not going to pay more money again for shipping as shipping was already paid for the items they forgot to send, so now it has been months trying to sort out this problem i only want my money back for items not received and the shipping i paid on those items i do not want all money back as i did received part of the order, now paypal wants me to send back the items i received to pay back only the amount i paid for the order not even the shipping i also paid extra on my own costs that is ridiculous, so now i  send back the items i received on my own cost another few thousand dollars and i lose the shipping money i also paid another few hundred dollars for delivery oh my word i dont understand how you are working this out from $1700 i paid i want $460 back for the items i didnt receive, is paypal not able to calculate or understand english????? i am not accepting this at all is there any board where i can discuss my case other than paypal thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aa729202 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute ie 1 item instead of the complete order then the 'dispute' phase is for negotiation between buyer and seller to resolve issues.

If they can't resolve those issues then you escalate to a claim. With a claim if paypal find in your favour then the 'only' option paypal give you is to return what you received back to the seller for a full refund. Paypal do not get involved in part refunds or negotiating with a seller for you.

Paypals 'return shipping on us' option will 'contribute' to those return costs if you have activated it on your paypal account and its available in your country.

Unfortunately paypal seller protection is not an insurance policy so you have to risk assess who you purchase from yourself as their protection is limited.

If you choose to buy internationally and have to return items then sometimes its not worth it as the return is often more than the tat you get from China is worth.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aa729202
Contributor
Contributor

this is not acceptable as the only amount that paypal then will return to me when i send all items that i did receive back to the supplier will only be the amount i paid for the goods and i pay the shipping to send all back not acceptable at all!!!!!! what about the shipping i paid the supplier already with another date that is $560 no sorry not acceptable at all i want my money back and shipping cost i paid for items i didnt receive thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aa729202 

Always best to read up on paypals buyer protection before you start buying (especially internationally), then you will know what is and what is not offered and can then risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.