paypal needs business information to unlock my account despite it being a personal account

Occy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i use my paypal mostly for buying stuff online and i dont sell anything from it. and recently my account got locked and they needed 3 things to unlock it

1-a photo ID
2-proof of address

3-business information

i personally have no problem with the first two but my problem is with the last one, i dont run a business nor do i have one. how do i solve this?

image_2021-04-01_063522.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

AZ109
Contributor
Contributor

This something to do with yet another policy update (my email was dated 11/2/21) whereby anyone using their personal account to do anything other than pay for goods or services, or transfer funds to F&F (i.e sell stuff) will soon be required to either open a Merchant Account or up-grade to one.

It's just another ploy to get rid of anyone without a mobile.  Bet you anything you like than one of the bits of information required to complete the up-grade is a mobile number.  It's just a way another way of saying "give us a mobile number if you want to use PP" but it gets around the UK FCA Guidelines that insist that ALL companies provide at least one method of PSD2 verification that DOES NOT rely on a mobile to complete  - EVEN USA MONOPOLIES.

My advice, if you're in the UK, is ring the FCA and "inform them about your concerns" regarding PP's financial conduct.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.