paypal me scam

vvclassics88
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I bought a code for fortnite on ebay and the buyer refunded my money saying he can't ship a code so he added me on discord and he linked his paypal.me link and I linked it and I said the code was used. He then started laughing and said yeet u got scammed. I have pictures too. What can I do to get my money back. Thanks. And sorry for disobeying ebay rules/paypal rules. This was dumb but I honestly believed the guy as I was his 2nd buyer, and I know I could get a refund off paypal back. Please contact me asap, thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vvclassics88 

If the payment status is "Money Sent' on your payment, that means you sent money as friends and family and there is no refunds/purchase/buyer protection as it is considered a "gift" payment. Chalk it up to paid tuition on a lesson well learned.

Otherwise, click on the transaction and click "Report a problem" to file Item Not Received dispute.

But seeing as this person was so blatantly honest about scamming you, they probably did it in a way where it negates you getting your money back due to them knowing how to exploit ebay/paypal protection limitations.

PayPal don't accept screenshot convos and whatnot because they can be faked. PayPal can't verify independently who said/did what at these kinds of sites as opposed to having tracking numbers would, for instance. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vvclassics88
Contributor
Contributor

I do understand they can be faked. Even though I have the full conversation from ebay to discord all still saved, paypal will 100% not help me? Like is there even a bit of a chance I can get a refund from contacting paypal through message center and email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.