paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cr0ss

I've been helping on this forum for years and their customer services appears to be worse than ever.

Paypal is great when its working well but if theres a problem it can be a nightmare sorting it out.

As you said its difficult to get an agent with a brain cell.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cr0ss
Contributor
Contributor

My apologies by the way, it was 11 years not 6.

Been in there since 2008! Haha.

Yeah hardly any of these "monkeys" as I call them that dance around in the circus have any idea whats going on. Dont know their **bleep** from their elbow.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cr0ss

11 years  Smiley Surprised

You have a gold medal for patience, now send a lawyers letter or summons them to the small claims court, that is preposterous.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rerenails36
Contributor
Contributor
Hi so as I had stated before PayPal held 100 dollars of mine I reach out to the bbb better business bureau an my issue was dealt with in a timely matter and even tho I did not get my account back which that did not bother me at all a check was issued to me and I did not have to wait 180 days hope this helps
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
Iam asking the same
Login to Me Too

PayPal shut down my account and is holding my money of over 2k for 180 days. I have a court ticket to pay in 2 days and when I went to withdraw the money today my account was randomly locked after they asked me to verify myself with my social and birthday both of which I put in correctly. I had already had that large amount of money in my account made one purchase to my Xbox live account the night before and nothing else after. They shut down my account and refuse to tell me what policy they claim I broke. They told me in 180 days I’ll get my money. How can this be legal !? I did absolutely nothing wrong !! Might I add the whole time I had this PayPal account I never once changed the email, phone number, address, bank, and the same few people sent me money every time. I don’t understand this. I’m so happy PayPal shut down my account such an unpleasant business and absolutely unjust. My account was locked randomly several times from my time with them for NO REASON. Trash company.
Login to Me Too

LindsayL
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is holding a client of mines money for excess of 180 days and cannot tell us how to release the funds OTHER than by transferring it to a US bank account.

My client is Kenyan and doesn't have a US bank account. Its in excess of $27k.

Has anyone been able to come right with this out of the US and can help?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LindsayL 

There are the added options only in Kenya of using the services of M-PESA or Equity Bank to transfer funds out of a PayPal account. If unable to get those to work, customer service assistance would be needed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BlackArgonian
Contributor
Contributor

Today they froze around 93K of a good friend of mine. I can only recommend you to look for alternatives like ayden and dont accept paypal as a payment processor anymore. In the us you have a good chance to file a class action lawsuit. That happend already once successfully for the exact same reasons.

Login to Me Too

BlackArgonian
Contributor
Contributor

We got our money back after we filed an complaint to the CSSF. Paypal suspended our account now properly, but we have all of our money back. If you know any alternatives to Paypal please let us know so we can offer our clients a comfortable way to pay without having the risk of filing for bankruptcy because of Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.