paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

At least you were allowed to provide extra information and get things cleared. They don't know why they froze my account so they don't want any information from me. they just froze my account, stole my money and told me to go away and they would make sure I didn't get a PayPal account under another name

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to shove their CEO there. This a corporation which has lost all sight of their fantasy code of ethics.

Login to Me Too

Freddi3826wo2
Contributor
Contributor
Done exactly the same to me for no reason at all. All there call centres are closed. This is a disgrace
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Freddi3826wo2 

Of course the call centres are closed, what would you expect at a time of pandemic?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Freddi3826wo2
Contributor
Contributor
What are you on about? Every other companies call centres are open. I spoke t9 ebay, lloyds and barclays this morning with out issue. PayPal actually advertise there xall centres as remaining open. It's only when you go through all automated system it informs you at all. If you haven't got anything helpful to say, especially when what you're saying is untrue.. Then don't say anything
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Freddi3826wo2 

Paypal are doing exactly the same as banks / insurance companies and other companies that use call centres.

To protect their staffs help....

https://www.paypal.com/stories/au/paypals-commitment-to-our-customers

Many employees are now working remotely, and we will also be transitioning several of our customer service centers to this remote working structure. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SMatOne
What would we expect a time of pandemic I would expect your call center employees to be working from home like every other call-center
Login to Me Too

Inkpimp13
Contributor
Contributor
I am not a seller, never sold anything online. The only activity on my account was my unemployment deposited into my account. About a month I had my account then one morning when I woke up I had a notification stating "you can no longer use PayPal services". I immediately contacted them and was not given a reason why this happened. This happened in June on 2020. On Dec 24th 2020, 4 days before my 180 day mark, another limitation was placed on my account. I was then told I had to wait another 180 days before I could withdraw my money. They have over $5 thousand dollars of mine. Please please please someone help me.!! How do I get my money back. Thank you to anyone who can and is willing to help me.
Login to Me Too

ProViders
Contributor
Contributor
I have found a way to make PayPal give your money back. It is very important that you do both steps!!! First step - file a complaint with your attorney general, quite easy to do, just google “file consumer rights complaint with (Your state) attorney general” and write them a detailed explanation of what PayPal is doing to you, include a link to this post to show them that you are just one of thousands of people being scammed by PayPal. Sadly Most Attorney general’s are corrupt and will side with the corporation over the consumer so they might not help you but it’s worth a shot because PayPal is scared to death of being sued again, enough complaints to the right attorney general will result in PayPal getting sued by the Government. SECOND STEP - this is the most important because this is what got my $16,000, my sisters $12,000, my moms $3000, my brothers $4000, and my wife’s $7000 all released from ScamPals grasp! You need to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)! FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB!!! File a complaint with the bbb, be sure to select the correct options for the complaint, read and fill out all the fields correctly, and be reasonable with your resolution request. The BBB takes these complaints very seriously, and PayPal is VERY SCARED of getting a bad report by the BBB, so they will release your money after the BBB contacts them. Be patient as it takes a while for the bbb to go over your complaint, follow up, contact ScamPal (PayPal), contact you again, and get it resolved. But I can almost guarantee if you follow both these steps your money will be released before 180 days!
Login to Me Too

Louisday
Contributor
Contributor
Same I’m in lock down and all my funds were on pay pal I have nothing now for 6months and all I can do is ask buyers to refund and get money to bank tranfer joke!! £2000 they have of my money and I can’t access it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.