paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

Bobbiedowney91
Contributor
Contributor
I'm down
Login to Me Too

Ashman1
Contributor
Contributor

you sure you don't work for paypal as you seem to know lot of answers and keep replying to messages all over the place.  If you are based in the UK guys speak to the Financial Service Ombudsman - they will advise you on what to do.    I will never deal with paypal again. I would say to customers can you pay through the paypal link,  customers used to say to me no thanks - ill bacs transferre. I can see why!!! 

Login to Me Too

ProViders
Contributor
Contributor
No way I would ever work for a corrupt company like PayPal. I have a lot of answers because I went through this 6 times. They tried to steal $16,000 from me by permanently limiting my account, and they did the same thing to my sister, my mom, my brother in law, my cousin, and my wife. All of our balanced combined would have been a little over $39,000. PayPal limited all of our accounts and NEVER gave a reason, and tried to say they are keeping our funds to pay for “damages done to PayPal by violating our acceptable use policy” that’s all they ever said, hundreds of emails, hundreds of calls, all they ever said was “we cannot disclose details, you violated our acceptable use policy” but the reason they cannot disclose details is because there is no acceptable reason for stealing money from people. they’ve gotten away with stealing hundreds of millions of dollars this way, but if people keep reporting them to their State Attorney General AND filing complaints with the BBB, eventually it will get big enough that the authorities won’t be able to ignore it anymore and PayPal will be brought to justice.
Login to Me Too

AnimeJayKing
Contributor
Contributor

ok what if they have held it for over 180 days

Login to Me Too

they_R_idiots
Contributor
Contributor

these are unfair contract terms 

Login to Me Too

Il_Prete_Rosso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, would like to know that the limitation won't be removed after 180 days even though funds are allowed to be withdrawn will it? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi @Il_Prete_Rosso, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If your account has been permanently limited the funds will be held for 180 days to cover any claims, or chargebacks that may be opened on transactions you have received. Once the funds are eligible for withdrawal you will be notified via email, and advised to log in and withdraw the funds. The limitation will remain on the account, and will not be removed. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

juicecabin
Contributor
Contributor

They are just unethical rob dogs peeps. They just locked my accounts too and have around £3500 held for 6 months.

Spread the word and tell as many as possible not to use these robbing ba**a*ds

They do not conform to UK laws because they secreted themselves under a rock on the fringe of Europe so they get to pay the minimum taxes rather than paying in to the system like every other ethical company.

Why did they lock my accounts? because ONE of my businesses sells CBD and so they locked all my accounts!

Utter **bleep**

Login to Me Too

cbd-uk
Contributor
Contributor

Just done the same to me for selling completely legal CBD? Did you get anywhere? I have emailed them and explained my situation. I genuinely didn't know you weren't allowed to see a legal food stuff.

Login to Me Too

juicecabin
Contributor
Contributor

No mate they still have £3500 of my cash and it's now 240 days. Ombudsman is on the case but it's limited what can be done here in the UK because they are not a financial institution. 

People just don't realise just how unethical this PayPal lark is until it's too late and they do a cash grab......cos they can!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.