paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

monaliza01
Contributor
Contributor
what can i do
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Sue them if there is a small claims court there or pray

Login to Me Too

Hammurabi1
New Community Member
Can someone get the **bleep** and unfreeze my account what the **bleep**
Login to Me Too

OLIDM
Contributor
Contributor
Is there any way to get your money sooner than 180 days?
Login to Me Too

nixonouray
Contributor
Contributor

I never did get my money back. I waited the 180 days and then Pay Pal took the money supposedly as payment for the 'violation'. 

Login to Me Too

YukiNaoi
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, Paypal dont give me my money back after 180 days. I sent a message to them but the respond i got was for something else. They dont solve the problem. I tried to withdraw my money but it is so difficult. 
Why they do something like this? It feels like they just take the money and run with it.

Login to Me Too

ProViders
Contributor
Contributor
They do this simply because they can, and if they took less than $5000 you will never see it again. PayPal took $16,000 from me but they released it after 180 day’s, but my sister had $4000, brother in law had $4000, and my mom had $2500 and PayPal stole it, they said “balance taken to pay for PayPal damages” . They won’t risk stealing over $5000 though because most people will go to court for that and obviously PayPal will lose (again, they’ve been sued before and lost, so they know it’s illegal but continue doing it). So to anyone who’s been permanently limited by PayPal If they’re holding more than $5000 you can relax, after 180 days they will return it, but if it’s under $5000 just forget about it and move on because they will steal it all and say it’s to pay for “damages caused by violating their policy”, and no they will not tell you exactly how you violated the policy. Good luck people!
Login to Me Too

lgablh
Contributor
Contributor

Was anybody able to solve this??? It's my first time using Paypal and after I received my first payment my account was immediately banned from receiving and sending money and was told that I HAD TO WAIT FOR 180 DAYS?????

please i need help!

Login to Me Too

balmesz

PayPal began to freeze charity accounts? Today several posts appeared on FB from well-known UK animal shelters stating that their PayPal account had been frozen for 180 days. They were contacted, account holders described the situation, they need the money to help feed the dogs/cats and keep them warm, their response was "sorry, it's our policy". Yepp, dogs will understand this for sure. 

Disgraceful.

Now supporters are shopping and bringing food to the shelters. Paypal is not a big help right now, they don't provide information about the problem they found or they think they found.

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

My advice is still the same as 6 months ago. Buy a lottery ticket because you have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting any help from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.