paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

ProViders
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to mention, I reported PayPal to the Minnesota department of commerce and they responded the same day and told me MN law says money transmitter services like PayPal CANNOT hold money against the owners wishes for more than 5 days, this was 3 days ago, I sent an email telling PayPal that MN Dept of commerce has confirmed what they’re doing is illegal and I got a “we have relayed that your account is permanently limited and we will not overturn the decision. We will not be responding to you anymore” he asked for the responses I’ve got from PayPal (non existent, first email said I’m limited and I’ve gotten NO response from support other than the prewritten “we do not take this lightly, we have permanently limited your account and will not overturn this decision” I’ve tried asking for the specific reason, thru email, chat, FB chat, resolution center, all respond with the copy pasted message, and after the confirmation that what they’re doing is illegal they said I will not be getting any response from them anymore. Anyway, I sent the investigator screenshots of all of my Attempts to talk with someone or at least get a specific reason for stealing my money, he said they may get thru a loophole if your account has an extremely high chargeback % they could decide to hold a REASONABLE Amount of your balance, but never the entire thing. (Also I’ve had Only 2 chargebacks Out of 1800 sales and after they’re reviewed I’m 100% certain they will be closed in my favor) so he said he’s going to contact PayPal For me and “put pressure” on them and give me an update soon, so now I’m just waiting to hear from him.
Login to Me Too

Ashman1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to resolve your problem? 

Ash 

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

You need to find and write to the agency that regulates money transmitters in your state. In California it is the Calif. Division of Business Oversight. They have the power to shut down PayPal in their state.

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like PayPal is blocking my suggestions???

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

it was just on the next page

Login to Me Too

cesarvera78
Contributor
Contributor
Count me in. I live in Toronto Canada
Login to Me Too

nixonouray
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to join your group.

Login to Me Too

Plsmith5150
Contributor
Contributor
I would love to join anyone who wants to sue pay pal. They just suspended my account with my direct deposit of over 1200.00
Login to Me Too

ProViders
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately you’re better off forgetting it. If it’s a “small” amount (under $5000) PayPal is going to steal it, in 180 days they will send you an email saying they’re taking your balance to pay for “damages caused to PayPal by violating their Acceptable use policy” and that’s it. Suing is technically not an option because After PayPal was sued (and lost) for doing this a few years ago they sneakily updated their terms and conditions and included a clause that literally says they may violate your rights, they may take your money for any reason at any time and you agree to NOT pursue litigation. So basically every single person who has PayPal has signed a contract promising not to sue them if they take your money. It is not legally binding but it will be difficult and expensive to win the case, so it would not be worth it.
Login to Me Too

Inkpimp13
Contributor
Contributor
They have been holding $5408.54 of mine since June 28th, 2020. This is my unemployment money with the ONLY depositor being the State of Arizona. I even recieve an email from the account review department advising me I could withdraw my funds since it had been 182 days. Conveniently, 4 days before the 180 mark they placed another limitation on my account. I've spoke to 6 diff supervisors, had 3 escalated account review requests sent, and have heard nothing from them. I've also filed a legal claim using Fairshake.com which was super easy to do. Just tell them your situation, they review 8t, and if approved file all paperwork for you, and send it to PayPal. They do charge 10% of your claim ($ your paid if you win), but make sure you ask for pain and suffering for financial burden as a direct result of them holding your money. Also ask for the interest that PayPal has collected on your money, since they only made that interest by wrongfully holding your money. Also submit a complaint with your States Attorney general and file a complaint with the BBB. Just make sure you file the proper complaint. This should ensure you getting your money back. Currently, my claim is in negotiations with PayPal. I will update everyone once I have more info. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.