paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

JL42
Contributor
Contributor

A class action was filed and won against paypal, in case you haven't noticed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JL42 

Yep BEFORE they were banned and you could no longer do it.....in case you hadn't noticed.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

You can take out individual class actions if you can afford it though  😊

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JL42
Contributor
Contributor

I won't pay you any mind. I suspect you work for Paypal. How else would you make a living replying messages 24 hours a day?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JL42 

Yep always best to resort to insults when you have just been proven incorrect.    🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MichyTocuyo
New Community Member
I’m so **bleep** with paypal they just close my account with available balance in it I can get that money in 180 days that’s ridiculous. I worked that little money I have in that account I have kids that eat with tha little money situation is not easy right now for you guys do this to me. I haven’t done nothing wrong I been using paypal for more than 2 years. I’m just desperate right now
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal for 20 years an they kicked me down the stairs too but you know what they say...  Don't get mad, get even. Send a demand letter to their agent for service CT Corporation System at <removed>. That is the first step before you can sue them. An actual person will read it... a huge step up from dealing with a robot. Then sue them in small claims court if they don't come through for you.

Login to Me Too

TH25
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too!!! I am so disappointed with PayPal. They are holding a cleared payment of mine for over $2000 USD! I know this amount may not seem like much to some, but for a small business owner like me who has resulted to borrowing money from my personal savings to pay my employees -- it's everything! The only response I've received from customer service is "it's a known problem and we are working on it". @Daniel Schulman (CEO) how can PayPal get away with treating its customers this way?

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Too bad... it sounds like you are not in USA where it is easy and cheap to sue PayPal in small claims court where they have to pay attention

Login to Me Too

DennisProviders
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry buddy but your F*****.

Paypal did the same thing to me but I have a balance of $17,000 USD. They highjacked my funds for 180 days, and theyve still not told me a specific reason why, just the same "you violated our policy" that everyone gets. They do this to thousands of people everyday, and they do it so they can make interest on your money for 180 days. Only thing you can do is wait 180 and then never do business with paypal again. 

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Not everyone. They didn't say I violated any policy. They say they use proprietary fraud modeling (algorithms) , that I may have done something wrong and that they don't have to explain anything to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.