paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is that while you are a human being the replies to your pleas are handled by artificial intelligence. It reminds me of the movie War Games where a kid has started a government playing games that could start world war three and then can't stop it. He asks the computer is this just a game or is it real and the computer replies "what's the difference".

Login to Me Too

seanrflores
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this is BS!

I sold an expensive item online for almost about $1500. PayPal waited until I printed the labels and shipped the item before deciding to limit my account and hold my funds for 180 days, if I even get my money. This is straight theft! Now I am in the hole over a grand, and also do not have my item. My eBay account has had 5 stars over 10+years. How do we reprimand PayPal for this?!

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Sue them in small claims court. Easy and cheap. It is the only way you can get the attention instead of AI answering you.

Login to Me Too

van-rinn
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is a SCAM Company.. With the name of security, they hold people's money to improve their interest with banks. SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! BE CAREFULL
Login to Me Too

Fool_me_twice
Contributor
Contributor
I believe I'm headed to the same path.
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Send a demand to their Agent for Service of Process, CT Corporation System. You have to do that before you can sue them but the additional advantage is your complaint will actually be read by a human being and might be resolved without having to sue. 

Login to Me Too

TeriSue59
Contributor
Contributor
They are crooks who operate a illegitimate money transmittal service and should be sued for not only the money froze but for lost funds the withheld funds would generate and for loss of financial livelihood. Period! Contact Attorney General of your state and let’s put some fire under their business practices.
Login to Me Too

swalford
PayPal did the same thing to me...I used my nickname Sam, instead of Sandra but my account had been verified 3 times before the funds started coming in... it's really odd how none of these security concerns are applied until after funds are in the account.... I could understand why an account would be limited if they had valid reasons or did it from the beginning, but they let you get funds in the account and find stupid reasons to hold them for 6 months.... I don't even see how this is legal.... what a fraud and shame on you PayPal!! The sad thing is you can't sell on ebay without PayPal... so PayPal hides behind the veil of eBay instead of doing the right thing... karma is a **bleep** and God doesn't like ugly!!!
Login to Me Too

swalford
PayPal did the same thing to me...I used my nickname Sam, instead of Sandra but my account had been verified 3 times before the funds started coming in... it's really odd how none of these security concerns are applied until after funds are in the account.... I could understand why an account would be limited if they had valid reasons or did it from the beginning, but they let you get funds in the account and find stupid reasons to hold them for 6 months.... I don't even see how this is legal.... what a fraud and shame on you PayPal!! The sad thing is you can't sell on ebay without PayPal... so PayPal hides behind the veil of eBay instead of doing the right thing... karma is a **bleep** and God doesn't like ugly!!! I'm laughing right now... I'm dead, lol PayPal just gave me a badge for writing this... hilarious
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swalford 

If you open a legal, financial account with a nickname then i very much doubt you will get your funds even after 180 days.

To get your funds you have to prove with a legal document that the name on your paypal account matches the name on that document, if not then the funds belong to the person named on that account who can prove it legally.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.