paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Paige4m

I am sorry to hear that this issue has been causing you so much distress. We are required to collect certain information from our customers and photo ID is one of these pieces of information. If you do not have a photo ID there are alternatives. We can accept a birth certificate accompanied by a government issued letter showing your name and address as they appear on PayPal. This could be a tax document or something from any government department issued within the last 6 months.  

If you can supply that it should help to resolve any issues you are having.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

JL42
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has limited my account and withheld my funds without any explanation whatsoever, aside a reference to increased risk.

I need my money back as an international student; my landlord is threatening to evict me at the moment.

I need this resolved ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Magxair
Contributor
Contributor

I will send you a video, where should I send? thank you for doing this... someone needs to spearhead this operation and I wish I had the time, but I am behind now $1200+ thanks to Cray crook PayPal.

Login to Me Too

JL42
Contributor
Contributor

Where do we send the video?

Login to Me Too

abigailnj
New Community Member

NickiMarie
I have recently had this problem also i cashed a check for my mother n law 1 time threw the bank for 100 but i chose the option to get the money right then an there well a few weeks down the road i cashed another but this time i just chose to wait the 10 days so thy wouldnt take there fee out this time the check was for 300 dollars well the bank cashed it with no problem my money was n my account on time well wen i went to get my money out my account was put on limitations so i called them an they had me send in multiple things which i did right away bc u dnt play with peoples money like that well i later called bck an back an back over weeks then thy finally tell me that my account is being closed an i also have to wait 180 days so i am in the middle of contacting lawyers an already met with a few that is not right nor leagal how they are just holding my money like that i proved i didnt sell anything they should have released my money to me then completely shut my account down i am taking this further an i recommend you do the same bc thats not legal that is peoples hard earned $ they are hoping we forget about an they can pocket that money but they aint going to do it with mine by the time im done with them ill have way more than just 300 that was n my account when they took it upon there selves to close my account when i have proof i wasnt doing anything wrong nor illegal
Login to Me Too

temp20200103
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal then takes the money the freeze and makes interest off of it. It's a scam they have going and a good one for them
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20200103 

Not very good business sense for them.

Paypal earn much more money from UN-limited accounts by those account users buying and selling and using paypal.

So why would they WANT to limit an account and freeze funds for 6 months when they can make more money by letting you carry on using it.

Shoots your theory in the foot really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20200103
Contributor
Contributor
They make interest on the funds they are holding. I'm not while my money has been seized/stolen!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20200103 

Yeah maybe BUT they would make MORE INTEREST/MONEY by letting you use your account to sell and buy so the reason for the limitation is NOT to make money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.