paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

Inaciof238
Contributor
Contributor
How did you do this?
Login to Me Too

Inaciof238
Contributor
Contributor
How did you sue them
Login to Me Too

CaroynB
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, can I get the information so I can begin litigation. They have did the same to me with money sent to me for relocation and now I may end up homeless Im a mother of six kids and I'm disabled.
Login to Me Too

ProViders
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to say but this is how PayPal makes money, they just steal it from people. They have been sued before and it was determined that holding money for 180 is illegal: class action lawsuit: Zepeda v. PayPal Inc., Case No. 5:10-cv-02500 SBA But PayPal does not care about the law. They have to make up that 4 million they paid out for the lawsuit so they just continue stealing people’s money. They just stole $17,000 from me, been calling and emailing for days and all I get is the same exact response, “you’re account has been limited, we take this very seriously and will not overturn the decision, if eligible you may receive your funds after 180 days” Anyone interested in started a nothing class action lawsuit? They lost before and will lose again because what they are doing is illegal in 48 states. Anyone know how to go about starting a class action lawsuit?
Login to Me Too

Ekoh999
Please I want to lead a revolution against PayPal on social media. I'll go to bbc and CNN and other means to let the world know and to seek justcice for those that PayPal have defrauded.my cousin from UK died because she couldn't pay his hospital bill ,due to PayPal holding his funds even after 180days ..after 180days , they would stop replying your messages and even stop picking your calls if you calling with your linked phone number
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ekoh999 

Medical care in the UK is completely free you don't pay hospital fees so not sure your info is accurate.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Metoo123
PayPal has just froze $7,233 of my money without prior notification. They say said I’ll have access in 72 hours. I called again today and now they say 5 days? Does this sound familiar? Am I now on this ride for 180?
Login to Me Too

Royboz1987
Contributor
Contributor
They done this to me I can’t gain access to my account also there been no response from them I can’t call by telephone and there not responding to my emails
Login to Me Too

SMatOne
I would love a class action lawsuit but reading the user agreement you sign away those rights you actually signed saying that you would except arbitration so you can’t class action that they have $1600 of my money and told me they don’t have to give me a reason but I’m on board with anything that we can do because this is ridiculous I’m tired of the bigger stepping on the small guy just because you can it was Christmas time I pleaded with them that is my Christmas money unfortunately we can’t afford for you to take almost $2000 and still have Christmas we don’t have the luxury of having that much money living check to check they shrug it off basically Said they do not care decision is final. we didn’t have Christmas because of this!
Login to Me Too

SMatOne
I just read the class action lawsuit they didn’t win it was dismissed with prejudice PayPal settled but they didn’t have to the courts dismissed the lawsuit. Wtf It’s gotta be a way to get my money back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.