paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

fustrated22
Contributor
Contributor

I have over 20k held, no explination, no replyes to email, hangups when i call. 180 days then maybe who knows? perhaps a curent affair is the way to go, bad publisity to a large audience.

Login to Me Too

Metoo123
I’m in! Let me know when you get it started
Login to Me Too

slilly
Contributor
Contributor

Respond to my Twitter if you can?  @lillyasp

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Your only hope is to call your local newspaper and tell them your plight...  sounds newsworthy. You have no hope dealing directly with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

slilly
Contributor
Contributor

Im on twitter posting tweets about this.  @lillyasp

like my tweets and i will get some momentum going.

Login to Me Too

temp20200109a
Contributor
Contributor

You mentioned you successfully sued Paypal, can you give us others some guidance or direction on the best way to do this and who to subpoena at Paypal? When I asked for their attorney information they just gave me the corporate office address and nothing else. Even better if you want to give us the name of your attorney I’m sure he or she would like that. I’m shocked to find so many people had the crappy crappy experience I had, it’s sickening and yes they are making a ton of interest on everyone’s money, it adds up And I’m guessing is a big part of their portfolio… It’s disgusting how they’re doing it in the name of security though. They’re a bunch of thieves and frauds and I want to make them pay everyone back plus interest

Login to Me Too

Cristiano4
Contributor
Contributor
Please help me. Where I can sue them? I am traveler and I was in Malaysia as tourist. I have been traveling around asia. I was without money and asked my friend to help me. My friend told me: made PayPal and I can transfer money for you.it is cheaperst than western union. So I put my Malaysia phone number to made PayPal. So after my friend send money to paypal I tried buy ticket flight to Brazil and I couldn't it. PayPal houding the money. I sent to them my passport pic. They want from me Malaysia passport and Malaysia bank. WHEN you will made paypal they don't tell anyone about that. They don't tell: YOU HAVE TO BE A CITIZEN I.D OR BORN INTO THE COUNTRY THAT YOU WILL MADE PAYPAL. I am from Brazil. I am traveler I'm just had been using the Malaysian phone number to receive the code from paypal to made. Now I am in trouble without money and without food. I don't have money to pay hostel.
Login to Me Too

Cristiano4
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! Can you help me?
Login to Me Too

AngryJuan1
How/where can I sue them? Please help!
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

If you are in USA you can sue them by first sending a letter of demand to

<removed>

Send it with proof of delivery like Registered Mail or Certified with return receipt. You have to check off on the court forms that you have made a demand before you can sue. You might find that they settle your claim without having to sue once you get the attention of their attorneys. If not,  sue them in small claims court for up to $10,000. You can usually get some free help from volunteers working with the court though possibly not at the moment due to the pandemic.. In San Francisco you can fill out an online form and follow the instructions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.