paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

futilescreams
Contributor
Contributor
I’m with you. I want to sue. I just don’t know what to start and could use help.
Login to Me Too

Jhekpot
Contributor
Contributor
I had paypal since 2015 for my pay since i work from home, on Feb 1st they put a limit on my account and i cant get my 2000 usd, i worked hard for that money and i need it to survive, help me out please
Login to Me Too

Dedreanaj
Contributor
Contributor
Me ! PayPal has got me waiting 180 days for my money when I need it the most!
Login to Me Too

AngelEileen
Contributor
Contributor
I would also like to be apart of this class action suit!
Login to Me Too

gdubya
Contributor
Contributor

Me they are holding my money

Login to Me Too

Nik8ki_
Could they really keep my money that long PayPal claims I violated their terms I have not done nothing wrong after I make a few purchases that's when I got the email they said they were going to hold my funds for a hundred and eighty days how is that fair
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nik8ki_ 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Inaciof238
Contributor
Contributor
Any news on this?
Login to Me Too

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
No one ever replies as to what happened to them, if they sued, or got their money back after the 180 days! Maybe PayPal takes any reply down as to what happened to the others this happened to. Be nice if someone, if they can, could reply as to what happened to them.
Login to Me Too

I am with you!!! We got locked out of our account the VERY first day we used it for absolutely no reason. We were getting deposits from a food delivery service that my fiancé works for and literally right after we finished the shift the account was locked. We are not rich .....or wealthy or even well off. So that money was everything to us and now we have nothing and they won’t even give us any reason as to why our account was limited. But they would let us keep adding money??? Seems like they’re actually the ones who are scamming people.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.