paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

Bossbilly
Contributor
Contributor
Answer me this...I am not using my account for business transactions at all of any shape or form. It was a way for me and my friends that live in different parts of the country to send money to each other. So your gonna hold my funds for 180 days for buyer disputes? I DO NOT USE THIS ACCOUNT FOR BUSINESS!!! My business has its own PayPal account. My personal account was deactivated and my personal funds are being held for disputes of transactions that are none existent.
Login to Me Too

CyklByke
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I am currently going through the same thing. PayPal has said that they are parting ways with me and holding on to my funds for 180 days. I asked why and they are not being forthcoming with information. I have asked for a reason and I have been proactive in trying to keep my account in good standing. However PayPal does not provide service and there is no way to maintain your account. I think eBay is making a wise decision in leaving PayPal because I do not believe it will be an effective service going forward.

So it is fine if PayPal had good reason to limit my account but first PayPal does not provide a pathway to rectify issues and maintain your account in good standing. If severing the relationship is absolutely necessary PayPal does not provide you any information of why this is the case. Because of this PayPal's rules and decisions seem nebulous arbitrary. I believe it is very important that you convey to all your friends that PayPal is no longer an effective service and once launched they should utilize eBay's managed payments service.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CyklByke

Yep must be infuriating that they don't give a reason but they don't.

They just tell you to review their acceptable use policy.

I can give you some 'reasons' but there must be lots of them and I only know the most common which are 'underage accounts' 'unable to verify i.d.' 'selling and using the friends / family option to accept payment'.

As I said probably loads more but those seem to be the most common.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with u 90% but there is no reason to hold my funds that long and then refuss to allow my customers. To do busness with me through their services... Im not doing buisness with them. Ever and i will be adviseing others to seek other. Options...if possible
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Perri_64 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timefrthat buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
This is an inconvenience it looks like fried PayPal has made a bad decision to enable this feature to hold someone's money for this long with no justifiable reason I have no open disputes my customers are satisfied and are satisfied and I find it ironic and strange then I received the email from PayPal saying that they have decided not to do business with me and has restricted my account due to potential risk that sounds like unjustifiable actions to me I haven't threatened anyone I haven't played anyone are misled anyone providing them with all documents that they requested to receive a judgement that I received
Login to Me Too

Rantrg
Contributor
Contributor
Same here $4000 of a young woman that worked days and nights to make it. Blocked for 180 days. What is the bottom line other then complaining? Is there anyone that reversed this decision? Sued? We need this money now.
Login to Me Too

cr0ss
Contributor
Contributor

You all better not hold up too much hope with these complete and utter monkeys.

Paypal is a Circus, clowns on the phones, clown answering emails and clowns running the Business altogether.

My money has been in there for over 6 years @-) only just deciding to bother again to try and recover it. It's going "ok" at the moment apart from the constant barrarge of emails asking for the same evidence and documents and same monkeys answering phone calls, if you dont get the answer you are looking for instantly hang up and ring back, keep doing this over and over again till you find a nicer person willing to listen, paypal employs just over 80,000 monkeys, theres about 1% that is willing to listen.

I also faxed their fax machine around 20-30 times on top of emailing and sending the same documents in 20-30 times also. Constant phone calls 405 times a day 7 days a week and it feels like im making real progess after 6 years haha.

Fingers crossed! They have had enough staff parties off my interest.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cr0ss

6 YEARS??

The only time they can hold it that long is if you opened the account with a fake name in which case you can never verify it as the person who it belongs to doesn't exist.

If that is NOT the case then I would be sending a lawyers letter or small claims court if that is an option in your country?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cr0ss
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

My country is United Kingdom.

Luckily, and I thank the lord god above us! I use Stripe to conduct much of my Business and never had a single issue, I uploaded all my verification from the start and run on average 6-10K per month through it, not one single payment has EVER been stopped, refunded or "held" becuase it's suspicious. I run two through paypal, both get stopped and get the once over from their imaginary back office they keep harping on about.

After that, they said everything would be fine. Then I run one more payment through from the same client and same source and they freeze it again. That's what is stuck in there now and thankfully it was not the usual amount. After arguing the toss and with me being busy I told them to do-one.

Fast forward 6 years and here I am! - Continuing where I left off with countless email asking for the same **bleep** things. Phone calls asking and telling me the same things but giving me different ways to send them.

Give it a couple of years and this payment processor will be non-existent. I think it's only Ebay keeping them alive, probably the reason why they only accept their own payment processor on there anyway haha. My own Business bank told me to never use paypal for payments when I first signed up to my business account, the amount of complaints they get is unreal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.