paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

hvkhanh90
Contributor
Contributor

Im really confused with this policy. NO banks have the rights for this. 6 months can make anybody die 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hvkhanh90

Paypals user agreement was legally approved in every country it operates in.

So legally yes they can.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hvkhanh90
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

The problem that Paypal often blocks the accounts without a good reason

Almost people are looking for a better payment method

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hvkhanh90

My point is that there is always a good reason.

Why would paypal block accounts for no reason.

The argument that they can get 'interest' on the funds is surely countered by the fact that paypal would make far MORE money if you could keep on using your account either via seller fees OR if you are a buyer fees from any sellers you purchase from.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
Its wrong not. Its bad buisness
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
This is sad and bad buisnesss...i. Want my funds
Login to Me Too

John371
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

There is nothing help you are giving neither advice.Research and advice well first before uttering unhelpful information

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@John371

I can give advice and its up to anyone whether they accept that advice or not.

I also have the right to my opinion the same as you have whether you like that or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
It doesn't make sense
Login to Me Too

lvilme
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has no right to hold on to your funds if they cant tell you why it’s against state law. In California, where Paypal is headquartered and registered as a money transmitter, section 1841 of the state's Money Transmission Act reads: "Every licensee or its agent shall forward all money received for transmission or give instructions committing equivalent money to the person designated by the customer within 10 days after receiving that money, unless otherwise ordered by his or her customer." File a complaint with the BBB, FTC and contact your State Office of Attorney General this will help and what I’m currently doing since they permanently limited my consumer personal PayPal account. This is a huge violation no matter the AU policy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.