paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

rayayav-0
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I did break that rule... I thought I was doing right by making an account and just have my parents organize and supervise everything, which is the same thing they did by adding me to their bank so I could have my own credit card. Anyhow I did get in contact with an agent and my transfer request is now getting processed, If this works I'll accepts my wrongs and take my punishment which is for my account to be locked. I did do wrong from that point of view.

Login to Me Too

rayayav-0
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I did break that rule... I thought I was doing right by making an account and just have my parents organize and supervise everything, which is the same thing they did by adding me to their bank so I could have my own credit card. Anyhow I did get in contact with an agent and my transfer request is now getting processed, If this works I'll accepts my wrongs and take my punishment which is for my account to be locked. I did do wrong from that point of view.

Login to Me Too

mixxitmanvinyl
Contributor
Contributor

rude. that does not make it right.

@kernowlass wrote:

@rayayav-0

You have done nothing wrong? How about the fact you broke Paypal rules and opened an underage account??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mixxitmanvinyl

Nothing rude about that, I was stating a factual reply.

And if you are that concerned about it why don't you give up YOUR time to help others instead of having a go at those that do??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JeffreyB96
New Community Member

@destroyed-shop wrote:

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

Paypal has been giving me the run around about removing the limitations on my account. I provided all documents that they were asking for and was told after I submitted all the documents that I can no longer use PayPal again. However, I was promised from numerous reps that if I submitted the documents they wanted to verify my account would be re-accessible.  I was never informed this when I was told from previous reps about submitting documents to remove the limitation.Once I submitted all information I was told they are hold my funds for 180 days. Also I had an older account that was -$2000 because I was scammed and I personally paid all the money back to paypal clearing my negative balance. When I paid that balance I was informed that I can use paypal if I paid the balance. Now paypal is hold my $1200 for 180 days when I owed them funds I made sure to pay back. Now Paypal owes me funds and they are not willing to pay me. The managers are VERY RUDE!

Login to Me Too

temp20181025

i put my name as this for a reason my advice is to just use cash app this app is useless and completely **bleep**ed up they are holding my money for half a year **bleep** these **bleep**tards 

Login to Me Too

Fuze50
Contributor
Contributor

it is doing

@destroyed-shop wrote:

@destroyed-shop wrote:

it to me as well and i don't know what to do so help me

Login to Me Too

Gbryan
Contributor
Contributor
My account starts at 20$ but i was buying and selling bitcoin. I was getting good now but paypal make my account limited for 48$ And i wish get my money in 180 days. I will make sure all my friends will know about this so that they will never use this.
Login to Me Too

John371
Contributor
Contributor

The same happened to me holding my money for 180 days but its fraud because they will be using the money.Am sure if no action taken to expose them they fraud a lot and am sure by 180 days you won't access the account because its a planned scam by PayPal.They are real scam serious fraud as well.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@John371

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Hardly fraud as you agreed to this when you opened your paypal account and agreed to their user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.