paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

Feelscheated
Contributor
Contributor

My god you sound exactly the same as me. Its literarally just happened to me. I have sold computer games all legit. They told me to keep selling when I said i would stop sending and cancel instead as i have another way of selling them and that I could not afford to have a problem with getting my money. They said the limitations would be lifted in 24 hrs ( 100percent) so i trusted them and they blatantly **bleep**ing lied. I sold the lot after they reassured me. they have **bleep**ing robbed me. IM FUMING. did you get your funds back?? how long did it take???  If i dont get mine back within 180 days I will do something really **bleep**ing evil .. something that paypal will never forget for as long as they exsist 

Login to Me Too

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
Did PayPal release the funds after 180 days? This just happened to me 3 weeks ago and I've been fighting them ever since.
Login to Me Too

NotYourPaI

I have also exprienced this, for no valid reason at all. Infact the item I was selling there are dozens listed on ebay as we speak some of which are obviously fake sent from China with 1000s of sales. I feel Paypal favours if not turns a blind eye to some sellers as oposed to little sellers

Login to Me Too

cham113
New Community Member

so like in friggin february of 2018 right, 

got my income taxes and friggin direct deposit into paypal

and i got flagged or whatever. now im friggin stuck and cant even use my friggin income tax money...

BS! paypal.....

Login to Me Too

Craigc121
Contributor
Contributor
A new different type of company is coming to the market soon. A lot better type of system. People will go we're business is better.
Login to Me Too

elha2020
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. My account was suspended for no reason, so I told them only to explain why they did not tell me anything

I hope PayPal will improve to the best Because we are small entrepreneurs power for paypal If we go there will not be a presence for PayPal

Login to Me Too

mixxitmanvinyl
Contributor
Contributor
That's pure BS! I'd get an attorney. Mine funds being held are only $76 now after refunding back to buyers and having them send it back to me a different way.
Login to Me Too

mixxitmanvinyl
Contributor
Contributor
That's pure BS! I'd get an attorney. Mine funds being held are only $76 now after refunding back to buyers and having them send it back to me a different way.
Login to Me Too

rayayav-0
Contributor
Contributor

EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I got 110$ they say I'm too young to have an account under my name therefore they're gonna close it, but before they do they say they're gonna make sure that the 110$ will transfer to my bank, I talk to an agent on the phone twice and talked to an agent with their chat tool, THEY LIED TO ME! They keep telling me that they tried to transfer it to my bank but my bank declined it and refunded it back... If that was the case I would've received an email right ? And a return fee right ? NONE OF THAT HAPPENED, they are the ones creating this scenario so that they can take advantage of my hard-earned money make profit and let me have the 110$ in 180 days! BS. I need the money now and if suing is the way for me to get it I would gladly take that route. Paypal was cool at first but now that I've experienced this I totally don't recommend. And I will make sure that everybody around me knows not to use this scamming website. I have done nothing wrong but they're trying to take advantage of me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rayayav-0

You have done nothing wrong? How about the fact you broke Paypal rules and opened an underage account??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.