paypal holding money even after 180 days

joyvernelletan
New Community Member

HI, i have two paypal accounts, i study abroad, so when i needed extra funds i transferred money from my home account to the account i made abroad. Paypal held my money saying that it was too large a sum for a new account. It has been more than 180 days and i have not received an email telling me how to get back and transfer my money. My account is permenatly limited and i just want to get my funds back. Any suggestions? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi joyvernelletan,

Thank you for posting about this issue. 

If it has been more than 180 days and your funds have not been released, we may need some additional information from you. In order to allow withdrawals we have to be sure that we are giving the money to the right person. As such we will ask you to provide proof of your identity and of your address. If you have already provided these documents I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team so we can have the issue looked into for you. You will find our contact information by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.