paypal does a refund but the status is being reviewed by paypal

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
A few hours ago paypal gave a refund to my buyer, 
I was disappointed because I received a loss because the item returned to me was damaged by the buyer.
as I read the rules made by paypal, if an item is returned in a damaged condition we as sellers can appeal. but after I checked at the resolution center, the status of the case is still under review while the estimated resolution until October 29,
and paypal returned the money on November 1.
what is the meaning is paypal only returning temporarily and still reviewing the case ?
please help me

thanks so much
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Rich

Hello opengarage,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that you received your item in a damaged state. That is understandably frustrating.

If you received the item in a condition other than you sent it, you can appeal a claim decision if it isn't found in your favor. 

Here is how to appeal a claim decision: https://goo.gl/MKSJsf. If the buyer was the one who damaged the item, you may have the opportunity to get an estimate of the cost to repair the item and receive a Seller Protection payout for it. Any information you provide will be reviewed by PayPal to resolve the issue. 

Please keep in mind our claims process is an arbitration service they offer to help resolve disagreements between buyers and sellers. You may pursue an issue outside of PayPal if necessary. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
thank you for replying. but everything has been resolved. I lost. all the evidence that I submitted to the paypal team is meaningless. as a seller who is disadvantaged by the buyer. I feel like I was cheated. at this time the item can not be used anymore not to mention I spend shipping and time
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

I'm sorry that the claim was not found in your favor this time, @opengarage

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
Case number PP-D-41328806 maybe this can help you search. obviously the items returned are not in the same condition. but still I lost. The item seemed to be pulled out so it could not be used
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

I'm sorry, @opengarage.

I am not able to reference or discuss account-specific information through the PayPal Community forums.

You can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
I have achieved all. to appeal the loss I experienced. the results? I lose . items damaged by the buyer cannot be used let alone for resale. lost money and of course a long processing time. the evidence submitted is meaningless. the form I filled out and I read the rules was useless. clearly written there if the item is returned is not the same I can submit an appeal but what is happening right now, the appeal submitted is meaningless
Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
refund has occurred. I have followed the paypal rules and a long process. my appeal was not accepted. the buyer wins and I lose badly in this matter while I am severely disadvantaged. everything's gone. time and items have been damaged
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.