paypal closed my dispute claiming I didn't give tracking numbers.

Lordy40
Contributor
Contributor

I started a dispute over faulty goods that I bought from a seller in Canada.      After some back and forth with the seller  I decided to contact paypal and then started a dispute.    As per their advice, I returned the items to the seller and provided paypal with a tracking number.     This was at the beginning of May 2020.   I was again asked for tracking numbers in June, which I once more supplied.      I then heard nothing more until yesterday 19/07/20    whereupon Paypal informed me that due to my not providing tracking numbers they had closed the case.       I attempted to talk to paypal asking repeatedly to speak to an agent via the phone but kept being fobbed off with what seem to be automated messages and claims that I had not provided a tracking number, despite the tracking number being clearly visible on the claims page.        I was advised to appeal the decision but the appeal button that was described does not exist.       As things stand despite my having complied precisely with paypals instructions I have now lost over $70 and also no longer have the faulty items I paid for and in a few days time I lose the chance to appeal this obviously incorrect decision. 

Can anyone advise me on what I can do to actually speak to a human being and have them actually look at my case,  also what are my rights regarding the loss of both money paid for the items and the items themselves which are now in Canada and not here with me?   

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

myshel52
Contributor
Contributor
if you are using a smart phone to access your account, the choice to appeal is not available. you need to be on a computer to appeal their decision
Login to Me Too

Lordy40
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I did try on a computer and the appeal button definitely wasn’t there.
Login to Me Too

myshel52
Contributor
Contributor
you're welcome. my problem with paypal is maddening. on May 17th I went to bed and had $1936 on my unemployment card, I got a text message at 530am in the 18th saying I had a low balance of $4.22.! my debit card I had attached to my PayPal account cause I bought a few things online and paid though paypal. my paypal was hacked and all my money was transferred to 8 people I have never met disputed the charges and they said based on my payment history the transactions matched it so they decided the transactions were authorized. then they said they could find no evidence that my account had been hacked even though I gave them proof. I have been treated so poorly by paypal
Login to Me Too

Lordy40
Contributor
Contributor
Oh no, that’s terrible, sorry you are having a stressful time, that is is bad they are not listening to what you are Telling them. I hope you can fight it and get it sorted and get your money back.
Login to Me Too

myshel52
Contributor
Contributor
you can ask them to appeal for you I had too
Login to Me Too

Lordy40
Contributor
Contributor
That’s what I’ve asked them to do. Fingers crossed they will.
Login to Me Too

Lordy40
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal have now acknowledged that I did give tracking information, they are now saying they closed it because the item was taking too long to be returned, I can’t help that there is a worldwide pandemic and it’s travelling from England to Canada, it was posted on 16th May and tracking it says it’s in Canada now and 3-7 days away from the seller, papypal have told me it has to be there by 29th July and they will appeal for me if not so have to go direct to the seller to see if he’ll do a refund.
Login to Me Too

myshel52
Contributor
Contributor
I did appeal it and they still say that there is no evidence of anyone accessing my account. I know which did ir because they asked me when I started to dispute the charges pay asked me I'd I added a gift card address which I sos not but I know who lives ag the address
Login to Me Too

Kacy_V
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal closed my dispute claiming that I failed to respond. I was scammed, I was the buyer. I opened a dispute via resolution center. I checked everyday and the case had been "Under review" by Paypal everyday; I also check my email everyday. One day and email came from Paypal saying my case closed due to failing to respond. I look in the case's event timeline, the last event before close was, "waiting for seller to respond". I contacted Paypal via messaging, no answers. Paypal don't protect their customers; they help scammers, hence scammers offer Paypal as a payment option. SMH!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.