paypal charge on my visa - I didn't buy anything

tlkennedy
Contributor
Contributor

I have a charge from Paypal on my Visa but I didn't buy anything. I can't find anywhere to actually TALK TO A PERSON about this. I don't have a transaction number to attached as I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING. None of the mechanical answers can help me. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tlkennedy 

Report it to your financial institution as unauthorized since the transaction appears there and not in your PayPal activity, they'll investigate and contact PayPal in the course of their inquiry. But do check your email inbox to see if there was a PayPal email receipt sent according to the date of transaction for more info on the transaction. If you don't find it then your card info could have been compromised in some way.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tlkennedy 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If not 1 or 2 then............

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass 

Subscriptions/recurring payments usually show up in PayPal account activity with transaction ID and a PayPal email receipt is sent (barring any technical glitches where an email isn't sent). And PayPal won't step in to investigate if there is no receipt number to go on and the transaction shows only on the debit card activity. They'll tell people to report it to their financial institution.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

fdee1
New Community Member

I had 5 charges on 2 separate days, each for the identical amount. I did not buy anything from AliExpress. There are no transactions recorded on my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.