paypal allowed an ebay buyer to return the items

bat5
Contributor
Contributor

I've sold some items on ebay for 1,200AUD.

After the the buyer received the items, he requested a return on eBay saying that the he didn't like the items, which I declined. But the buyer made a claim on paypal saying the same thing plus the items are un-authentic. So I told paypal that they are 100% authentic and uploaded a photo of the receipt as a proof of purchase.

The next day I get an email from paypal saying they've decided the buyer should return the items. After speaking on the phone with paypal customer service to find out why they made such a decision, they told me that if the buyer charges back via his bank, I would be left with nothing. So they made a decision that supposedly favoured both buyer and me the seller, although I haven't violated any rule and the items fit the listing descriptions.

So I'm losing money, as I paid more on shipping.

Has anyone been through a similar experience?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bat5 

Its one of the risks of online selling unfortunately, you are always going to get the odd bad sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bat5
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, I've only sold on ebay once before. Don't think will use it again.

Do you think if I can report the buyer to ebay, any actions would be taken by ebay?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.