paypal account

Sabski
Contributor
Contributor

hello am i allowed to create a 2nd paypal account with the same information as the 1st one or with different information

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sabski 

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both being limited. However Paypal sometimes allow a 2nd business account but you have to get approval from customer services first.
You would need to add a different email address + cards / bank accounts etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sabski
Contributor
Contributor

hello thanks for everything but i think its too late i already created a 2nd paypal account they are both limited in this case what do i do that means i wont be able to use paypal anymore and i also wont be able to withdraw??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sabski 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.