pay pal protection

333zora
Contributor
Contributor

I have used pay pal for over 25 years. In addition to be a seller on ebay, I have send thousands of Euros, through paypal, overseas.

Now, for the first time I have a claim. I bought  and paid for 5 items and I only received three.  During the exchange of emails, in the resolution center, the seller clearly stated that I have a partial refund for the two items that are no longer available,  forthcoming. That was almost a month ago.

Paypal has giving me he run around as to why, I have not received that refund.  

I just now spoke to a manager, Jay, and I was again told, that I have to wait 4 hours in order for the seller to respond to sending the refund.  I asked him what happens, if the seller does NOT agree to send the refund, he told me that I have no other recourse, through paypal, to get my money back.

What a crock..........!!!! Where is paypal's protection that they are so proud of!!!! I will go to the press and report them to the trouble shooter.  

Please email me regarding your BAD experience so that we may expose them for the fraud that they are.  

We need to get another money institution elected that will be a competition for pay pal.  After all, this is America.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@333zora 

I supposed you filed a Significantly Not As Described dispute and escalated to a PayPal Claim within the first 20 days of opening the dispute for PayPal to step in and make a ruling? 

PayPal cannot force seller to offer partial refunds even though sellers can issue a partial refund from within the dispute, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Only thing PayPal can force is ask you to return the items and get refunded of what you originally paid. You're not entitled to returns costs within the dispute but you can get a Return Shipping Refund with: 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If you're getting nowhere with a PayPal dispute and you paid with credit card, file a dispute with your card issuer. When you do this, your recourse with PayPal is done, finished and must resolve it only through your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.