pay pal denied complaints. HEATER BLOWING COLD AIR

mariag22
New Community Member

IT IS EITHER WRONG TITLE OF COMPLAINTS...NOT AS DESCRIBED VS DEFECTIVE ITEM. HEATER BLOWING COLD AIR

Jan 11 at 12:48 PM                "PAY PAL CALLS IT AS MERCHANT's description CLOSE TO THE FUNCTION OF THEIR PRODUCT"

Sent from my iPhone
How can it be denied? How can you say it was close to the description. You might be reading a different item. The ad start with a story of the son whose mother died in a home due to cold weather..so that is how this ceramic heater was created to save lives dying from hypothermia. It says this heater is ceramic and it emits rapid heat that will warm you up. Very convincing ad...isnt it? Being it is winter season when i ordered it.. i was excited i can have my own heater that will heat up a small bathroom....and guess what???? I RECEIVED AN 8 INCH TALL, LESS THAN A LB ITEM THAT LOOKS AND FEEL LIKE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM A DOLLAR STORE. IT ONLY HAS AN ON/OFF SWITCH AND BLOWS COLD AIR. I LEFT IT ON FOR HALF A DAY TO TEST WHETHER IT WILL HEAT UP A SMALL BATHROOM....AND RESULT...A BIG "NO". YOU CAN FEEL A SLIGHT WARM AIR IF YOU PUT YOUR HAND RIGHT IN FRONT OF WHAT THEY CALL A CERAMIC SCREEN(colored like copper). MY OTHER HEATERS CAN BURN YOUR SKIN WITH A DISTANCE OF 12INCHES. THIS ONE CAN NOT EVEN WARM YOUR HAND EVEN IF YOU PUT YOUR HAND DIRECTLY ON THE SCREEN *****
TELL ME... what is a heater suppose to do?.... GIVES WARMTH...right?. From my complaints...DID YOU THINK THE HEATER I BOUGHT SATISFIED THE PURPOSE OF THE HEATER?..... NO.. a hair dryer has better heat than this heater....
I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THIS PRODUCT...and it does not even do a little part of what is suppose to be its function. DID YOU EVER GET A RESPONSE FROM THIS COMPANY?... if you do..then send it to me. THEY NEVER RESPONDED TO MY EMAILS AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE PHONE NUMBERS. WHAT A SHAME THAT PROBABLY YOU DID NOT EVEN GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM AND YOU TELL ME THAT MY COMPLAINTS ARE DENIED.***** I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU THIS PRODUCT SO YOU... YOURSELF CAN USE IT AND I WANT TO SEE IF YOU ARE HAPPY SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY FOR THIS JUNK!!!!
SHAME. SHAME. SHAME. THAT A REPUTABLE COMPANY LIKE YOURS IS PATRONIZING THIS COMPANY’s PRODUCT. I LOOK AT THEIR REVIEWS AND THEY HAVE A LOT OF COMPLAINTS FROM FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE BACK AND INFERIOR PRODUCTS AS THEY DESCRIBED...
I HOPE YOU LOOK AT MY COMPLAINTS AGAIN AND “ NOT ONLY READ IT, BUT HEAR ME AND UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTRATIONS.....FIRST FROM THE COMPANY ZEST ADS and now PAY PAL. I HAVE BEEN PATRONIZING YOUR COMPANY FOR A LONG TIME.. IF THIS ITEM WAS JUST $9.99, then I CAN JUST FORGET ABOUT IT AND IT WILL IT SAVE ME GRIEF.... but it was $50 each...a total of $100+.....
IF YOU CONTINUE TO DENY MY COMPLAINTS, PLEASE SEND ME THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE PERSON WHO CONTINUES TO DENY IT.. SO I CAN SEND THIS HEATER AS A GIFT...IT MAY SAVE THAT PERSON FROM DYING OF HYPOTHERMIA....

I would like to accelerate this complaint to the higher up.. please refer me to that person... 

PAY PAL....YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO PROTECT AS FROM SCAMMERS...instead...YOU ARE PART OF THE SCAMMERS.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariag22 

Purchase Protection doesn't cover everything.

Significantly Not as Described claims

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

PayPal purchase protection does not provide a guarantee on quality of the item's performance. If it sounds like a warranty issue, PayPal won't cover it.

If you paid with credit card, dispute it with them instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LynnElleebee58
Contributor
Contributor

When I began reading your topic @mariag22 I did a double-take because I thought I wrote it. I made the exact same purchase for that exact same reason, due to their heartwarming ad about a son creating the heater because of his Mother dying from the cold. 

I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

Below you will see the message I sent to Pay-Pal when I attempted to escalate my claim.  Instead of helping me to solve the problem Pay-Pal denied receiving my escalation request and notified me that my case was closed because I didn't make the deadline.  I contacted Pay-Pal and was told again and again.  "The case is closed and there is nothing we can do about it.  Contact your bank if you want help."  Well, by then, the time limit for my bank to help me had been exceeded but that is beside the point. I was upset before but after reading your complaint I am just livid.  Now I believe Pay-Pal knows and has known of the scam artist Doing Business as Zest Ads (I'm pretty sure they will have more DBA's) for a while.

My message to Pay-Pal

I have contacted ZestAds requesting a refund because the heater that was advertised is not what I received. They sent me a very cheaply made (PLASTIC) Heater which Burst into flames within two hours of initially turning it on. I am very lucky I wasn’t burned due to the fire. This product is by far the most terrible and dangerous item I have ever received in an online purchase. I have not gotten a response from a live human being and was emailed an automated FORM LETTER regarding my complaint. Knowing I would not get help from them I filed a claim with PayPal and received the exact same FORM LETTER as a response from ZestAds.
This so-called seller is a fraud. The heater they are selling at a premium is complete junk and, I think could be, such a liability for PayPal. What will you do if the next fire created by one of their products and sold through you actually physically harms someone or worse?
I searched online to see if any other consumers have filed complaints about ZestAds and unbelievably there are many filed right there at PayPal online. You have been warned again and again about their scams.
I have done business with PayPal for many years and have put my trust in you. In all that time I have never once filed a claim so, that alone, should mean something. 
I STRONGLY URGE you to stop doing business with the nefarious ZestAds who put buyer's lives at risk probably due to greed and corruption. Please don’t be a party to their deceitful practices.
I am hereby escalating my claim in order to receive a refund for the purchase of a heater from ZestAds. I have included copies of my communication with them.

I would like to find out how many other Pay-Pal Patrons bought the heater and were denied help. Possibly we can get organized?  I think we could do a lot more as a group than as individual buyers. It seems obvious by now that with Pay-Pal only money talks, the money that they are paid (or lose) that is. 

Sincerely

Lynn Belding

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.