overseas friend sent money for intangible goods, but the payment is on hold.

gasa_k
New Community Member

Payapl states in the e-mail  to "Upload" files, after I click "Resolve" on the Resolution Center, which by the why, states "Respond"instead of "resolve" and it does not take me to a page where it has "Upload" option, there is only options of whether I shipped the thing, refunded the payment, etc.

Paypal also states that they will hold it for 7 days, what happens when I do nothing within that time period?

Also how o I solve this?

Or how do I contact Paypal? Is it under the Dispute? Or Sending and Receiving Money?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @gasa_k,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

From your description, it doesn't sound as though the payment is being disputed, but is being held by our security system for review. I know the email can make this a little confusing, and I sincerely apologize for that. Security reviews generally only take 24 hours to complete and are a way for PayPal to help protect you from potentially unauthorized purchases. If the payment is held for longer than 24 hours, then the best option would be to give us a call or email by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter. 

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.