oneslla8 lightsaber purchase

Ashlandfire
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for the facebook ad for cheap lightsabers.  I bought a pair from the seller oneslla8.  What I received is not what was pictured.  The purchase does not show up on my account history with paypal.  What do I do?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

OrtizA
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for this SCAM on Facebook as well.  I paid $32.98  After 5 weeks, I received my package:  

This is what ordered: Only Today Buy 1 Get 1 Free  Star Wars Rey Jedi Training Force FX Lightsaber. THAT IS NOT WHAT I GOT!!  I would not pay $5 for the GARBAGE I received.  It probably cost them less than $1 for you to make this GARBAGE in China. I already DECLINED their $8 Partial Refund.  They think I'M STUPID to Accept that RIDICULOUS OFFER.  THIS IS WHAT THEY THEIR CUSTOMERS TO DO!  Then send their customers CHEAP KNOCKOFF PRODUCTS and then expect you to accept a partial refund and they keep the rest of your money.  Still making a significant profit by sending their customers GARBAGE.  The Lightsavers received are made with the CHEAPEST Plastics you can possibly imagine.  The kind of plastic you expect from a Dollar Store toy.  NOTHING "Star Wars or Rey Jedi" on packaging or on the Lightsavers.  A completely FALSE ADVERTISED product.  This needs to be reported to Disney and PayPal needs to not let them use them as a payment source.   They use many names and are listed as liuxingxing, mystorering, mystore1, oneslla8 to name a few so it makes it difficult to find them and they will probably change their name again.  The email I've been corresponding with them on is <removed>. However, they always say the same thing.  "We're sorry, okay we give you partial refund $8." I already reported it to PayPal and I am going to let them investigate it and I am going to start my own investigation as well and blast them on social media whereever I can.   They have refused to Refund Me my Money.  WELL, they Picked the Wrong Customer.  I Am VERY PERSISTENT and I DONT LIKE TO GET **bleep**!  By the time I'm done with them on Social Media they are going to Wish they had given me my $32.98.  I am also going to write a letter directly to Disney and let them know that about the FALSE ADVERTISING of thier product and that is just the Beginning of what I plan on doing.  It's a matter of PRINCIPLE...Something that THEY Don't Have.  I Learned my Lesson, NEVER will I ever buy anything through Face Book.  It was an impulse buy for my Grandson.  Won't do that again. 

Login to Me Too

Ashlandfire
Contributor
Contributor

Advice:

If you got scammed  like I did, I was offered a $8 refund which I declined on principle.  After several messages with PayPal I was offered a full refund by the seller however I have to send the package back which costs around $25 and more of my time.  

My advice if you got scammed, take the partial refund and be more cautious on future Facebook purchases.

Login to Me Too

BMcMichael
Contributor
Contributor
Well said i also fell for it and I'm so angry at myself as it was for my son, i never even received anything.
Login to Me Too

Ashlandfire
Contributor
Contributor

If you got **bleep** like I did, I was offered a $8 refund which I declined on principle.  After several messages with PayPal I was offered a full refund by the seller however I have to send the package back which costs around $25 and more of my time.  

My advice if you got **bleep**, take the partial refund and be more cautious on future Facebook purchases.

Login to Me Too

Jerseyinkedmom
New Community Member
I purchased a "Baby Yoda" finally PayPal got me tracking info. But it was all in Chinese. So I didn't know what was what. It advertised cloth robe n showed a lot bigger its smaller than a ping pong paddle n its all hard. Looks nothing like the pic. I paid $40+ ridiculous. Of coarse my dispute was thrown out since I received the item. N after reading everyone else's msgs I don't want to go further but def. More cautious. But Facebook needs to screen these scammers.
Login to Me Too

Doofus2
Total con. I did get my money back though. Such a pity PayPal allows these con merchants to use its services to take our money.
Login to Me Too

OrtizA
Contributor
Contributor

How long did it take before you got your money?  I declined the $8 they came back with and I'm still waiting for PayPal to respond to me.  I should be protected under their Protection Policies.  I'm new to PayPal and this was my 1st time using them.  If I don't get my money back not only will I NEVER buy anything again via FB but I will delete my PayPal account and NEVER use them as well.  They should not be letting these kinds of scammers to use them as a payment source.  These scammers are just going to ruin PayPal's reputation not to mention costing them lots of money as well.   

Login to Me Too

GoLegal
One Word... RIPOFF!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

rsaje86
New Community Member

I too am having an issue with OneSella8. they advertised an apple watch with apple care, so I thought it was the real thing. I was sadly mistaken. it is a Chinese counterfit. I am currently in a dispute with them and paypal

Login to Me Too

Shackleford

I paid $50 for two “light sabers” what I recess’s not even dollar worth of plastic crap. I disputed, he offered a refund of $8 which I declined. Then he offers a full refund. Provided I send it back—- at a cost of $27! This guy’s a total scam artist, someone needs to shut him down. Facebook? Facebook? Facebook? Buhler? Buhler? Yeah, don’t hold your breath folks. Doesn’t China have a Trade Commission? Their mailing address is: <removed> phone number <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.