obscene chargeback representation Claim! Defend or ignore?

September22
Contributor
Contributor
This is situation you don’t want to find yourself in! I bought Electronic item online, paid, item never arrived. Seller disappeared. Filed chargeback claim. Unexpectedly seller reappeared and submitted representation claim THAT: I ordered and paid for live cam streaming wrestling matches and instead me claiming chargeback for $190, I supposedly in bebt to seller for $2500 & €3000. I would ignore it, but I made 3 transactions with this seller and now my two banks asking to give explanation. I got more angry when saw “compelling evidence” : fabricated Skype account screen shots under my name (name spelling mistakes). No dates, no time. Just random sentences that I order “2vs1” wrestling matches etc.. Seller is in Venesuela so I assume every $ counts, but to go so low and falsely portrait me as some sort creepy pervert is bit frustrating. Has anyone encountered similar situation and any best action advise? Can I ask PayPal to take some action? How do I prove something to be lie if it’s tottaly made up stuff...? Or do I need to be bothered trying furiously to defend myself as it’s sellers responsibility to “provide compelling evidence” for chargeback representation. This is last time I used PayPal,
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi September22,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

I am sorry to hear that this happened! In general, if you bought an item, digital or physical, the seller will have to prove that the item has been delivered to you. If we do not have this evidence, the claim cannot be ruled in favour of the seller. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.