notetx dot com fraud

ebjcleod
Contributor
Contributor

Ive always trusted sites that use paypal as a payment option... it has been great... ive been doing so for 15~ years or so.... <Edited> is a complete scam and I contacted paypal.... paypal does not seem to care.... <Edited> will continue to rip off.... the "site is still connected to paypal to rip paypal customers off.... paypal could care less and will NOT back you as a customer... it is unreal... I am closing my account and selling my stock....

I will be a part of the class action when it happens.... <Edited>is hauling it in.... paypal stays a partner of <Edited>....

I am usually extremely careful on line but have somehow fallen into this one.... I usually will only do business with sites that I feel safe with and one thing that helps me is the fact that they accept paypal. I feel these sites are properly vetted and paypal has recourse against them.... With everything that I have read I am certain that this site is a scam and you need to sever ties with this individual..... 

NOTETX INFORMATION

• <li[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/li>
  • infonotetx.com
  • William <removed>
  • <removed>

THERE IS NO WILLIAM <removed>

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Flukey96
New Community Member
You’ve basically phrased my issue verbatim. I was searching for a razor scooter on google and this notetx.com website popped up as selling the scooter for 50% less than everywhere else. I thought it might be suspicious but I saw Paypal was a payment option so felt comfortable with going through with the purchase. As soon as I paid and saw that my payment was to someone in China, I knew I’d been scammed and reached out to Paypal right away. I’ve been trying to dispute this but of course, with all my proofs that I’ve been scammed, PayPal still wants to side with seller as somehow the seller provided a tracking number (only after the item said delivered!). I’m really annoyed with Paypal and also feel like closing my account after all these years. By the way, the notetx.com website is shut down (surprise surprise)- the Chinese scammer probably had to many victims into him. But of course Paypal won’t consider any of this- their only focusing on the fact that the seller provided a tracking number and that the item showed as delivered... right. I wouldn’t be posting here if I actually received it. Guess I won’t be seeing my money back anytime soon.
Login to Me Too

ebjcleod
Contributor
Contributor

Looks as though RUBCELL is the same operation.... its slick... it is tied into search engines.... they are raking it in.... got me for 100 $ the delivery was before my order ?? Pay Pal is no longer keeping up with the pal portion ? They side with these fraud websites... I tried to communicate w them... but nothing

Login to Me Too

Rayfan
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing has happened to me with a pool pump, only thing I got from them was a pack of masks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.