not unauthorised

killie
Contributor
Contributor

this was the reply to a genuine mistake,what does it mean ,have I lost my money ,

not unauthorised

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@killie

ok, if it says 'repeat this transaction' then you must have paid via the 'friends / family' option??

If its showing that then the person you sent it to 'mistakenly' has received it.

However it is also why when you came to open a dispute you 'only' had the unauthorised option available as you can't open a dispute for non receipt of item for a friends / family payment.....that is a 'gift'.

If you had paid via goods / services then you could have filed for item not received and got a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@killie

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find this is not true then the claim will be closed.

Was your account hacked and if not why did you open that type of dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

killie
Contributor
Contributor

ive used pay pal for a long time ,im not really sure what happened here though ,never had it before.

I was paying a lady for doll house miniatures . She got in touch to say the payment was not in,when I went back to check the payment had cleared,however it was about 2 letters wrong , even the -----.com were the same , anyway I got in touch through the e-mail ,(that I had done wrong ) The person got back to me to say they dont even have a pay pal account.

So I decided to let Pay pal deal with it   On my pay pal ,the two Sa--- Ha-----s  , have had £10 00 from me (should add I paid the one I was buying from correctly this time)

Next day I received from paypal "Case closed as a non unauthorised.. and I dont understand it, can you help or explain ,.have I lost my other £10.?

Thankyou 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@killie

Well your account was not hacked then was it, what happened is you made a mistake with the email address and the funds went to someone else.

So what does it say next to the WRONG transaction in your paypal account. Is it completed or pending / unclaimed and if the latter then is there a cancel option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

killie
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I dont understand ,there is nothing  apart from . -£10.00

repeat this transaction ,

How can this have cleared if the person (The one in error) has told me she does not have a pay pal account. im lost 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@killie

ok, if it says 'repeat this transaction' then you must have paid via the 'friends / family' option??

If its showing that then the person you sent it to 'mistakenly' has received it.

However it is also why when you came to open a dispute you 'only' had the unauthorised option available as you can't open a dispute for non receipt of item for a friends / family payment.....that is a 'gift'.

If you had paid via goods / services then you could have filed for item not received and got a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

killie
Contributor
Contributor

o.k. thanks very much ,the lady it was intended for was a friend...However ,it was my error ,and the one it was sent to (no pay-pal account !!!) Has got an early Christmas gift of £10.00 of my money ,

I will not make that mistake again ,thankyou for your help ,I have changed password  too, so hoping thats an end to it, such a shame theres dishonest people about who are so quick on the ball ,Again thankyou  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@killie

Just one thing before I log off to take dog for a walk, how did you FUND that Paypal payment?

If it was via a credit card then you could try a chargeback via your card issuer BUT they may not do it if it was a gift payment, worth a shot though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

killie
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou ,I will try bank tomorrow ,it was Visa, You,ve been very helpful

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.