not as described

SusiWong1
New Community Member

I sold a vacuum cleaner a couple of months ago. the buyer opened a refund request with eBay approx 6 weeks after receiving it, saying  they had just opened it and the battery didn't work - they did not contact me. I refused a refund as the vacuum was exactly as described and worked perfectly well when sent. The buyer then messaged me, I explained that it was in perfectly good working order and I was not going to refund. the buyer became increasingly abusive in his messages, then opened a claim thru PayPal. Paypal have said he must return the item and i must refund. I have received the item today and it is disgusting - it smells very strongly of smoke (as does my house now) and is filthy, full of dust and dirt and hairs, and several parts are damaged and broken. But strangely enough, the battery (the part they said was faulty) works perfectly! I have logged into the resolution centre but there is no option to respond, the only option I have is to send them a refund. How do I go about sorting this? I am absolutely not refunding on a perfectly good item that has been used, damaged and broken, and then returned to me in a disgustingly filthy state. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.