*not as described* claim denied

Steph8788
New Community Member
So I ordered a baby mobile which when arrived was completely different and of far inferior quality to the pictures on the website (I later found the pictures had been stolen from an Etsy seller) I launched a dispute and provided images. My claim was denied on the grounds it’s not significantly different from that advertised?! Who makes these decisions? As I have been ripped off for $40 on a product probably worth $5 and the seller is not allowing me to return and offering me a pathetic 10% refund. I always thought PayPal was there to protect these companies from scamming people but it now feels like they are facilitating it!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steph8788 

Paypal only gives you 'some' buyer protection so its up to you to risk assess who you purchase from.

Paypal never sees the item the seller sent or what you say you received so they have to make a judgement call.

They do not get involved in 'quality' of an item, so they saw you ordered and received a baby mobile and that was all they needed to find for the seller.

Anything else is between you and the seller so your options are small claims court OR if you funded paypal via a credit card then they may help you? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.