no paypal transaction but my credit card was charged

fad42va
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an ebook from B&N using PayPal (my credit card as a source of payment).  The transaction was canceled and Barnes and Nobel stated that I would not be charged.  There is no record of this transaction on PayPal, however - my credit card was charged immediately, and I received notification of that charge before I received notification from B&N that the purchase was canceled.  The transaction was only $2.12, so not a lot of money but I can't even seem to get started at PayPal because the transaction doesn't show up - just the charge on my credit card.  Any thoughts on how to sort this out would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fad42va

When a transaction is cancelled the already processing funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.