no one answers

RMRiddell
Contributor
Contributor

As I'm on hold for 30 minutes, I'm watching fraudulent transactions taking place from a fake PAYPAL customer service agent! Does anyone ever answer the phone? what crappy customer service when you have to ask other customers for help!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RMRiddell,

I'm sorry to hear that there has been unauthorized activity in your account. Please report the activity using the instructions here. The process of reporting it for review will also prompt you to change the password and security questions, to prevent the fraudster from completing any other transactions while the existing ones are straightened out.

If you have divulged information to the fraudster, please review what information you have given and determine if you need to change passwords anywhere else. If you use the same password in multiple places, please change your compromised password wherever it has been used. When changing your password, please choose unique passwords for every site and service, to limit the damage should your password ever become compromised in the future.

If the fraudster had you download any software in the course of their fake assistance, please run a virus scan to identify and mitigate any malicious software used, and change your passwords again after doing so.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.