negative balance, account limitation

vsusanv
Contributor
Contributor

Tonight when I try to buy with PayPal it says I have a negative balance and I must add money to get rid of it. Amt is 15.38, same as my most recent purchase. But acct shows transaction completed 7 days ago. I'm a buyer, same acct for years. I got no email on this from Paypal and I see no problems in my account activity. What do I do? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vsusanv 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

If the bank transfer fails then they will put your paypal account balance into negative or try your back up funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vsusanv
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for trying to help. I was trying to say there didn't seem to be any reason for the negative balance. There was money in the account and Paypal also had my two credit cards as backup. I guess the darn PayPal gods aren't going to tell me why they decided I have a negative balance. It is very frustrating dealing with a powerful and anonymous corporation. they don't seem to care much about explaining their actions (or mistakes) to their little nobody customers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.