my case was denied under false reasons, please help?

Lee_anne
Contributor
Contributor

so, to cut a very long story as short as I can.... I bought a neon light for my salon at the beginning of the year, it was a site called custom-neon signs uk. this neon light cost me £310 to purchase. I made my purchase through paypal (for the added buyers protection) because its a a lot of money to me and its a light, its fragile, something could have gone wrong and boy it did!!! it stated on the site that I would get my custom light in 6-12 days... 3 weeks went by and NO LIGHT ,not even a email telling me its been dispatched so I emailed them, no reply. a few more days went by and I emailed them again this time I had a email from a man in CHINA not the UK but CHINA stating that the factory had shut down and it would take 21 days for them to be able to make my light, so I asked to cancel my order and said I would like a refund, silence again. I emailed them another time asking to cancel this order and no communication was sent. I then opened up a dispute with paypal hoping for some help in this matter. CHINA (not the UK like I thought I was buying from) this was approx 4 weeks after first purchasing the light, then I waited... and waited some more, the light finally came about 6 weeks after with NO BOX! just form padding. it was broke, smaller than the size I actually ordered and it had a Chinese plug on it so I couldn't even plug it in, I then escalated my dispute with the seller on paypal. item not as described, item broken ect..  I was told by paypal that the seller would only refund me if I sent the light back to CHINA! after traveling to a few towns during lockdown mind I managed to find a postoffice to take the parcel, I sent it via parcel force costing me over £80 (which is ridiculous to return a item) (so this light had now cost me nearly £400) I sent the tracking number to paypal  and waited some more,,,,, and then some more,,,, and then some more,,, 4 months later after numerous chats to customer services AND lots of pictures sent to back up my claim I had an email today telling me its not gone in my favour and that not only have a sent the light back and that ive lost over £80 of my own money doing that but they said ' we have not received valid proof or tracking that I returned the merchandise' …. I MEAN THATS NOT RIGHT AT ALL! I've sent in tracking numbers so they knew it was at customs (the guy on chat told me so and I have a screen shot of this as proof) and even sent a picture of the receipt from parcelforce! somebody please help me in this situation. I feel ill to have lost all this money. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Lee_anne I can totally feel your frustration about what happened on this transaction. I feel bad because you're going through a lot just to resolve your problem with the merchandise and with the seller. Can you share with me the return tracking number? If you are saying that the items are now in custom then seller will be responsible to get it especially if it has something to do with TAX and your return tracking number should be considered as valid. Have you filed an appeal with PayPal? Also,I want to address your concern about your return shipping cost,you can check if you are eligible to be reimbursed of $30 maximum. Please visit paypal.com/return and you just need to activate it. I also attached the link,I hope this helps. I know that €40 for return shipping cost added burden on you. You can try to get a reimbursement for that. https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-to-return-a-paypal-purchase-faq3... If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Lee_anne
Contributor
Contributor

hi, omg thank you so much for replying and trying to help, its much appreciated. I have the tracking number here for you its EE698065870GB, it was sent via  parcleforce . I have ALOT more evidence if needed, although I have sent most of it to paypal already through the message center but if needed again I can put it forward. I will take a look into trying to get some of my money back for postage that's a big help too thank you very much. I have been out of my job for 8 weeks because of covid so this money is really needed, thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Lee_anne
Contributor
Contributor

hi @bellah_24  omg thank you so much for replying and trying to help, its much appreciated. I have the tracking number here for you its EE698065870GB, it was sent via parcleforce . I have ALOT more evidence if needed, although I have sent most of it to paypal already through the message center but if needed again I can put it forward. I will take a look into trying to get some of my money back for postage that's a big help too thank you very much. I have been out of my job for 8 weeks because of covid so this money is really needed, thank you.

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Lee_anne thank you for your immediate response. I've already checked the tracking number and the status is still "In Transit" to set your expectation for international shipping we consider 20 days timeframe to have it delivered if it's beyond 20 days and still in transit,then that will be considered invalid tracking or proof of delivery because it was not delivered. However, the best thing to do now is to really contact our customer service because your return package has reached the customs last April 14 and no movement since then. Customer service representative can verify with customs the reason why they are still holding it or awaiting for clearance. If it's because of Tax or any other reason wherein the seller will be liable for that,then you can appeal it with the help of our customer service. Please go to PayPal website,then look for "Contact" page and see what available options you have to get a hold of a csr. I know how important for you to recover your money most especially on this trying time. I hope you can still manage to sustain your needs and please keep safe. If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Lee_anne
Contributor
Contributor

many thanks I will try that @bellah_24 

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Great! I wish you get your case resolved on your favor. You deserve to get your money back. Stay safe and take care @Lee_anne
Login to Me Too

Lee_anne
Contributor
Contributor

hi again @bellah_24  I have done what you said I should do and contact customer services but im being pushed from pillar to post. customer services are saying its in transit too which is clearly wrong as seen in above picture, ive circled  todays date in the corner. this clearly states its being held for tax reasons also. could you assist me on what to do further please? customer services are not helping me, many thanks

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Lee_anne I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get any help at this time. I would love to help you it's just that I don't have access on your account. Let me see what I can do for you, what is your Case ID? If you get in touch with us directly you can request for a ticket to be created. I can also perfectly see that the status is awaiting customer clearance. We need to find out why it's not being released.
Login to Me Too

Lee_anne
Contributor
Contributor

hi @bellah_24 so sorry for the late reply I could not get on my laptop! my case ID is...….. Case ID: PP-D-57050996 I would really love it if you could help me I am running out of time 

many thanks 

leeanne 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.