my account was permanently limited!

andychen7825
Contributor
Contributor

Because I set up my paypal by using my facebook account, and the name which on my facebook account is my nick name. That is ridiculous by using this excuse to close my account. In this case you allow people use facebook set up, you should know people may use their nick name. You should not have permanently closed my account without a reasonable excuse! And I can not withdraw my money. your staff tell me that I have to wait until one year later. How dear you! You paypal treat your custmer rudely and unfairly.  English is my second language. It is hard to describe how furious I am!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andychen7825 

If you choose to use a nickname to open a legal financial account then it will at some point be limited.

Do you open a bank account with a nickname? Course not so why would you possibly think you can with Paypal?

And i think you will find that paypal only hold the funds for 180 days not a year, that is the same timeframe buyers have to open disputes and the same timeframe that most credit card companies allow for disputes.

So i don't think you will have to wait a year.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andychen7825
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning. thanks for the reply. You are right. I should change my nickname to legal name. yes, I have tried several times but it did not succeed. Then, I got an email from paypal:

"We are reviewing your account and unfortunately your account limitation cannot be lifted at this time. We need more information about your account before we can proceed with the appeal process. Please complete the steps below:

– Update your name on your PayPal account. It should be the same name that you have on your driver's license, passport, or any other government-issued photo identification.

Here's how you can request a name change on your PayPal account:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.
3. Select the "My Account' topic.
4. Select "Update account information."
5. Click "Change name."
6. Complete "Secure form" and follow the on-screen instructions.
– Upload or fax a copy of your driver's license/passport. Please make the copy of this as large and as light as possible. Acceptable forms of a photo ID include a driver's license, passport, or any other government-issued photo identification that includes your date of birth. "

I tried to change my name for several hours by following the guide but did not succeed.  The system did not tell me why, and it just told me: try again....

Finally, I called the service number, and she told me : do not try any more that your account was permanently limited..... Paypal treated me like a foolish! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.