my account name

Albanderi
Contributor
Contributor

I have a problem with my account where I created the account in the name of the shortcut, not my full name, and I bought a device from a fake site and the amount was deducted and I have a message proving that. I want to recover the money and I cannot do that, as my account has been suspended and frozen, I have read the rules and regulations of your site, where the account name must be the same as the name on the passport in order to recover the amount I tried to amend the account name, but I was not able to do that even though I I uploaded the files required to change from my account, how can you solve my problem .. Waiting for your response and thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Albanderi 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

However the funds on the account belong to the person named on that account who has provided a legal document to prove that its their name and sadly cyou have not been able to do that so not sure you will be able to access the funds.

Could the person that sent the funds raise a dispute to get them back again and pay you another way? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Albanderi 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

However the funds on the account belong to the person named on that account who has provided a legal document to prove that its their name and sadly cyou have not been able to do that so not sure you will be able to access the funds.

Could the person that sent the funds raise a dispute to get them back again and pay you another way? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Albanderi
Contributor
Contributor

No, the site is fake, and I did not know that until after payment was made and debited from my account in PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.