my account is limited

JLPM98191
New Community Member

hi guys i was just looking help on something my brother lend me his credit card so i cant put it on paypal but then i got a message that said this

• Your account access is temporarily limited
    We recently received a report of unauthorized activity on a card linked to your PayPal account. To keep your account secure, we've limited certain features in your account. You'll need to provide the requested information to regain full access. so they told me that i should provide id and card statement whats that card statement and how or where do i check that also im not using that card anymore im using another one that i already put but since its limited to the previous i put please help me fix this as quickly as posible thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JLPM98191 wrote:

hi guys i was just looking help on something my brother lend me his credit card so i cant put it on paypal but then i got a message that said this

We recently received a report of unauthorized activity on a card linked to your PayPal account. To keep your account secure, we've limited certain features in your account. You'll need to provide the requested information to regain full access. so they told me that i should provide id and card statement whats that card statement and how or where do i check that also im not using that card anymore im using another one that i already put but since its limited to the previous i put please help me fix this as quickly as posible thanks in advance

Did you add your brother's card to your Paypal Account? Never add another person's card on your PayPal account. Only your own financials in your own name.

A card statement is the statement/bill you get every month in the mail or online that shows the card's charges and activity. I think they might close the account because you added a card that is not yours. Upload photo id, upload card statement that matches the card and write a letter that you did not know you are not supposed to use a card that is not under your name, pdf the letter and upload that.

Unfortunately nobody here can really help because we do not have access to your account in the forums and you need to gather the documents PayPal needs and upload it to the open PayPal case in the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JLPM98191 wrote:

Did you add your brother's card to your Paypal Account? Never add another person's card on your PayPal account. Only your own financials in your own name.

A card statement is the statement/bill you get every month in the mail or online that shows the card's charges and activity. I think they might close the account because you added a card that is not yours. Upload photo id, upload card statement that matches the card and write a letter that you did not know you are not supposed to use a card that is not under your name, pdf the letter and upload that.

Unfortunately nobody here can really help because we do not have access to your account in the forums and you need to gather the documents PayPal needs and upload it to the open PayPal case in the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RickyD75
New Community Member

hi guys i was just looking help on something my brother lend me his credit card so i can't put it on paypal but then i got a message that said this

We recently received a report of unauthorized activity on a card linked to your PayPal account. To keep your account secure, we've limited certain features in your account. You'll need to provide the requested information to regain full access. so they told me that i should provide id and card statement whats that card statement and how or where do i check that also im not using that card anymore im using another one that i already put but since its limited to the previous i put please help me fix this as quickly as possible thanks in advance

Hi we have this We've noticed some significant changes to your account activity. To help keep your account secure, we've also limited access to certain features in your account. You'll need to provide the requested information to regain full access.

so went to ....

We've noticed some significant changes to your account activity. To help keep your account secure, we've also limited access to certain features in your account. You'll need to provide the requested information to regain full access.

A temporary limitation has been placed on your account
We've noticed some significant changes to your account activity. To understand this activity better, we'll need some information from you. 

We've also limited certain features in your account. You'll be able to regain access to these features once you've provided the information we've requested.
If you're unable to submit the required information by .......  or if we notice additional changes in your account activity,
Asking me to Upload a photo ID i haven't got photo id i haven't got an up to date Driving licence so now don't know what to do as only have a concetinery photo bus pass as iam disabled and cannot drive anymore Woman Sad i have a disabled parking card with my photo id on 

Provide purchase receipt from your supplier....... of which i have submitted but item was purchased at previous address as my mother in law bought the item for me we have moved in the last 9- 10 months moved to this new property updated ebay as couldn't remember old email address and new paypal as registered since jan i think 
put my wife's card on here as thought it would be easier for her to purchase items  than having two accounts so a item on ebay of which buyer cannot pay and i won't let him stated only through paypal as we are both covered through fraud. 
Ebay won't let him pay as i wanted paypal as we are both covered as i myself in the pas had a carer buy items on ebay and used my card all this was reported to my bank quite some years ago
Submitted for review
Login to Me Too

lindovirador
Contributor
Contributor
I also have the same problem. My daughter’s credit card is linked to my paypal account and they temporarily limited my access. I cannot withdraw my paypal balance. Please help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.