my account is limited but Paypal is allowing me to transfer funds before the 180 days expires

BaldHead
Contributor
Contributor

I have been dealing with a hacker/fraud/identity theft for almost 2 years now and I have some money tied up In this account. In late 2017 paypal said they will not be able to provide me services any longer and the money in my account will be frozen for 180 days and they will send me an email in 6 months to let me know how to transfer my funds. My issue is they keep telling me that I can add a bank account and transfer funds right away. well every time I try to do that whether it is with a debit card or routing number the "system" pops up and says something along the lines of we are not able to do this for you, please try again later. So I call paypal and they say that I have to wait 48-72 hours. So I wait and try again and the same pop up and its been a circle back and forth in between all of this they require documentation (ID, recent bill, passport, etc...) and are asking me questions to verify my identity...I am who I say I am, so that is not an issue, and it may be annoying but im glad they have a strong system in place. either way the circle continues and  I grew so tired of it I literally  forgot about it for over a year until a month a go I decided to log in and behold "THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING AGAIN" and they are starting the 180 days all over again ...absolutely crazy...so for about 10 days now.... I TRY TO ADD A BANK AND THE SYSTEM SAYS NO>I CALL AND PAYPAL SAYS IT SHOULD WORK>I TRY AGAIN>SYSTEM SAYS NO>I CALL BACK AFTER 48 HOURS>THEY SAY IT SHOULD WORK>ETC...THIS IS CRAZY...WHAT CAN I DO????

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BaldHead 

Have you tried adding and withdrawing to a debit card instead OR contacting customer services and requesting them to send you a cheque in the post?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BaldHead
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I tried a debit and no i haven’t asked about the check. But what’s frustrating is how they keep telling me that on their side everything works fine but on my side it’s obviously not. And they have only one option which is try again. I feel like I’m not even talking to a reasonable person to help me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.