my 13 year old son took my bank card and made a purchase on ebay without my permission.

ficarlton
Contributor
Contributor

I’m writing you to let you know on my 13 year old son took my bank card and made a purchase on ebay without my permission. I contacted the seller and asked him to please return my money.

He responded a day later after I made a claim. He told me because I put in the claim he was not able to return my money or ship the product.

I contacted ebay and they said because I made a claim with PayPal they can’t return my money because there is no fraud. So now I have now money or product. (I don’t want the product)

This is very unfair. I have tried everything I know to keep asking for my money back.

My son My son is suffering from pandemic fatigue like so many of us today. My wife and I are out of work… This money is life and deaf for us,

Please, Please, Please help me… Please

Order summary

Seller usernameSeller username

broomstick6broomstick6

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ficarlton 

What sort of dispute or claim did you file with PayPal? Unauthorized transaction? Item Not Received?  

And the seller can issue a refund from within the dispute, they just don’t want to or because the funds might be on a PayPal 21 day hold, aside from a dispute hold, and so seller either doesn’t have enough money in their PayPal balance or their bank account to cover refund. They also might be unable to ship because as usual these sellers don’t have the capital to pay for expenses because the money is held up, such as postage to provide tracking number/proof of postage.

If you have escalated the case to PayPal claim, then the seller has to contact PayPal customer service and tell PayPal to issue the refund or PayPal makes a decision. 

If you claim, Item Not Received then the seller has to ship the item and provide tracking number/proof of delivery to win the case. Otherwise,PayPal will rule in your favor.

If you filed unauthorized transaction claim, there is chance you won’t win the case with PayPal either because no one you do not know breached your account. You are responsible for the access of your financial accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.