money back for goods not received

westywesty88
Contributor
Contributor

i bought a eticket for a concert yesterday paid the money but then was blocked by the seller soi could not contact them and no ticket was sent by email.i did pay family or friend as the seller said this was the best way,paypal refuse me a refund after talking to them but someone i know the same thing happened to them the day before in identical circunstances and they got a full refund surely this cannot be right

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@westywesty88 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. That is also why you would be unable to open a dispute for non receipt of item.

You also risk having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal rules.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

westywesty88
Contributor
Contributor
I paid 99p fee on the transaction
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@westywesty88 

Does that mean anything that affects my post above?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

westywesty88
Contributor
Contributor
The point is an identical situation and they got there money back no difference to mine at all went through friends and family got done and got refunded this was on Monday
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@westywesty88 

There is no buyer protection for friends / family payments so paypal would not have refunded.

If you new someone that was refunded then..............

it was sent back by the seller before they decided to close down their site or page they sold from.

your friend contacted their bank or card issuer and got the money back.

they funded it via an echeque that had not cleared and they could cancel it.

the payment was unclaimed so they could cancel it.

those are just a few of the reasons they may have got a refund and you did not.

transactions are never identical.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

westywesty88
Contributor
Contributor
No your wrong.paypal refunded it I've seen the evidence and transaction you have not
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@westywesty88 

ok, after 25000 kudos / solutions on here and nearly 10 years on this forum then I know that i am correct but if you want to insist you are correct then go ahead........won't help you get your money as you have no paypal buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.