keelie
Contributor
Contributor

hi can anyone help ive just resive a text message saying its paypal and i have 24 hours to reply or they are closeing my account does anyone no if this is scam please

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keelie

If its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email link to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/phishing
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-would-i-spot-fake-emails-faq2340

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

keelie
Contributor
Contributor
it was a text measage ive been sent saying my account has been temporarily locked untill i confirm some account details and i have 36 hours to do so or they will close it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keelie

Did you actually read my reply?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

keelie
Contributor
Contributor
how rude yes i did but what you explained in your reply was nothing like the text message so i thort id explain what it says incse it happenes to anyone else
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.