made transfer to sons paypal and now his paypal account has been frozen for 180 days

russ101
New Community Member

hi all,

this morning i made a transfer of 3k usd to my sons paypal account in order for him to purchase a new computer for his upcoming birthday

after paypal charged a fee of 90usd which he had to accept before the transaction would be completed, paypal froze his account and now he is stuck apparently for 180 days whilst paypal investigate.

very annoying,

just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so, how did you fix it.

have been on the help links within paypal but am finding it not very user friendly.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @russ101,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience sending money to your son. Depending on the kind of limitation applied to your son's account, he may or may not have the option to refund that transaction back to you. I would recommend having your son reach out to our Customer Support for further assistance in this matter. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.