<removed> or <removed> are these scam websites??

Woody12345
Contributor
Contributor

Please does anyone have information on <removed> or <removed> They appear to be selling very discounted products almost too good to be true.   I would like to ensure people are warned against these sites which aim to collect your data

Login to Me Too
96 REPLIES 96

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

LOL.... 

Nope....... I 'm not so self defeatist........

There are may ways  we can stop them........ just by understanding HOW they work and what their key goals are.

They are in my opinion a fraud based business so as a result they have to keep their costs as low as possible, they do this by leaching bandwidth from other sources.

A simple multi pronged approach is best.... consider the "paypal" as a person sitting on a 3 legged chair.... in this case each leg of that chair is "fraudulent",  Paypal is a victim as well, but a victim of it's own lack of research

We just need to kick each of the legs from under the chair...

I will say again that my option is that Paypal ARE to blame for much of this....  

BEFORE issuing API keys for web-stores, they could run simple diagnostics against the DNS record registration, and as a MAJOR organization relying on this infrastructure  kick into touch any registrar they find accepting "fake" registrations.

Then they implement a monthly check to "bounce" an email off the  paypal's accounts registered email..(if it comes back with a 504 error.. there's a problem)

Also  in my opinion "cloudflare" are to blame... becasue their SSL certificate is being used to provide "legality" to this company.

The "lock" icon is NOT a SITE certificate it is a "cloudflare" SSL certificate.

I have another big surprise for these scammers  in  the works.. if it pans out.....

I'm thinking of setting up a "patreon" account to try and get a bit of money to pay for Amazon S3 account  for scanning tools...

Login to Me Too

Tee4tracy
New Community Member

Also operating under skyllonline.com. Do not make purchases!!!! Customer service email is <post edited>, they take your money and send no product. If they do respond they say they have no record order, even though I pasted image from confirmation.

Login to Me Too

dmvdlee
Contributor
Contributor

I think I've been scammed today at www.evallgoods.com, at the bottom of the screen it says: vinayotap.com. Prices were reasonable, not to cheap, so they've got me off guard . After I've bought the item I didn't receive an e-mail. Payment was pending and is just accepted. I've made printscreens of the website and of the bill they've posted on Paypal. Here it also says the item is shipped today. I will wait a week and then make a complaint.

Login to Me Too

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

You might get your goods......

would be interested in your followup when they arrive.

There are reports  that they do actually ship some items to keep the  payment services at bay.

any chance you can privately message me with the item link... if it's not too personal...

Login to Me Too

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

you mean like  this message  I received.............

b1.jpeg

or like this one when I persisted.......

b2.jpeg

Just a tip for recovery of payments......
1. Take a full screen snapshot of the order, showing the items, payment confirmation, & the  "lock icon" & URL all in one screen shot.
2. KEEP ALL EMAILS, not just screen snapshots. (so the internal raw source tracking information is intact.)
do it ASAP....... becasue their next trick is to physically DELETE your login & order info off their systems....
like they did with me when I filed a paypal dispute......
Login to Me Too

dmvdlee
Contributor
Contributor

I can't see your pictures. I've tried to log in, but it says it doesn't recognize my email or password. I am not happy with this, because I didn't receive a conformation mail about my buy.

Login to Me Too

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

I just logged into  my paypal and the pictures show up fine....

But yep....... if you cannot log into the webstore site  using your order login details......

then there is a good chance they deleted the data.

Login to Me Too

dmvdlee
Contributor
Contributor

I can see your pictures now, I haven't received anything yet, only a confirmation from paypal that the seller has send my object.

Login to Me Too

Tommy6484
Contributor
Contributor
Just made a purchase from acfestore.com getting ready to deal with the same issue. They took my PayPal payment and for some reason all of a sudden I can't log back in to my account.
Login to Me Too

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

Yep...

seems they are monitoring  the posts on various forums & learning where they are slipping up...

Thanks for that site...., they have made changes to their "template", to try & block one of the searches i'm doing..

But now i have that site... it's going to increase the number of sites i know about.......

Always always take a snapshot of the order page......., it is something they have added in Aliexpress...

the order page is snapshotted, to prevent either side faking the orders or changing the listings... in China that's a big problem.

If you ever go  thru China court, it is completely different that western court...  Each side gets to "tell a story", "provide evidence" and then a decision is made...soooo whoa betide.. if the other side has evidence & you don't.. even it's fake

I could make public how to easily detect their sites and break thru cloud flare.... to de-mask the fraud, but if I do that.....

The big problem is they will fix it making tracking harder.....

Awww... but look... someone started to take their pictures away....... 😉... content not looking so "professional now"

scammy.jpegscammt2.jpeg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.