<removed> or <removed> are these scam websites??

Woody12345
Contributor
Contributor

Please does anyone have information on <removed> or <removed> They appear to be selling very discounted products almost too good to be true.   I would like to ensure people are warned against these sites which aim to collect your data

Login to Me Too
96 REPLIES 96

M-R-V
Contributor
Contributor

Add <removed> and <removed>

Login to Me Too

521ztz
Contributor
Contributor

Another fake website: <removed>

I paid then I realized that it's fake...any way to get back my money?

Login to Me Too

VisionQuest
Contributor
Contributor

If you payd with PayPal, you can do it with PayPal. I ordered some stuff on the lincrosshop site and I am now trying to get a refund with help from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Vic36
Contributor
Contributor
I did get my money back.
Login to Me Too

andymac123

Hi folks.

I've just been caught out by this same website scammer.

In my case

Hi folks.

I've just been caught out by this same website scammer.

In my case <removed> on the bottom of an online store called TAMWILO <removed>

I thought the prices seemed 'too good to be true' and it seems they were. **bleep** me for $96.99 for a pillar drill.

Going to take it to Paypal dispute, but it seems I have to wait a week to see if anything turns up. I'm pretty sure it won't now, but that seems to be the protocol with disputes.

Bummer!! 😞

Login to Me Too

rumtruffle

Add to the list:

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

All list a contact email of <removed>

Many of the items are priced too good to be true but bizarrely there are some that are priced way over the top.  Many descriptions don't match with the photos and/or titles, and often the description is missing relevant info - eg "contents 0pcs" when the title had specified a quantity.  They seem to have plagiarised from product listings elsewhere - I noticed descriptions that had references to Amazon return policy, for example.

A google search threw up some info on <<removed> website - someone on there figures that a common factor with the domain ownership details are that all are listed with American sounding names and American made-up addresses and with Russian sounding email names.

Login to Me Too

SteveB4

Add knoksshop dt com (I see all sorts of deleted adresses in this thread, is that spam protection?). Prices lower than second hand, pics from older ebay items, all red flags. They only have a vinayotap email adress listed on their contact page, using a graphic link instead of text, that brought me here.

Login to Me Too

tvdogs2005

Meozura

Same here...

www.maivedgoods.com

I've paid 50 bucks, but nothing.

Login to Me Too

naudmad
New Community Member

Add https:<removed> to the list

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 12.33.05.png

The transaction appears as EPL*XIAOCAIJISM in the bank statement.

Made a transaction for a home appliance almost half price compared to Amazon - however I didn't check their name online, there's barely any listing with that name.

In the process of flagging it to my bank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.